Bookmark audiobooks

C_Karhu

I too would like to see proper Bookmarks support in PowerMP and so many users have requested this in the past.

I am thinking that all individual bookmark settings (per file/per folder) could be written to the directory itself in a text based file - or at least have this option.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

People who want this feature, instead of just reading this request, you should post a reply at least with a few word "I WANT IT TOO".

With your response/reply/comment/feadback, Poweramp may be aware of your need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been a wishlist item for a lot of people for about three years now, but we're all still waiting I'm afraid.

There are so many long-audio formats around today which really need better ways for managing playback (audiobooks, podcasts, concerts, radio shows, etc) and I too find it frustrating trying to navigate around such files, especially if you need to come back to the same place after listening to something else. For example, finding exactly 1h 10m 30s within a 2-hour audio file is nigh on impossible in Poweramp, and a slight slip of the finger leaves you 5-10 minutes away from where you want to be. Bookmarks, and a skip-forward-30s / skip-backward-10s option (perhaps by swiping left and right on the album art?) would go a long way to fixing that. Oh, and I'd love a way to remove long tracks from the Shuffle music options too, hour-long spoken word material doesn't work so well when played randomly! :)

As I understand it though, the next major Poweramp release (v3) won't actually be adding any of the new UI features that people have been requesting, instead it will be a complete overhaul of the underlying audio engine but with the same UI. Perhaps that was the best way to add new codecs (OPUS etc), but otherwise I must confess that I'm quite happy with the current audio quality and would be far more interested in new operational features. But it's not my call I'm afraid.

Andre

• 2 years later...

Thats exactly the feature that is currently still missing especially for audio books! When listening to music and audio books you cant remember all positions of your various books/tracks. 

Can you please post an update here as the last message is from 2014... Or better, what is the developers standpoint regarding this feature? Isnt the complexity of a bookmark much lower than all the fancy audio processing? 

This question has been raised a number of times, and the dev's priority is in making Poweramp a top-end music player with high-def audio etc. The current roadmap to v3 doesn't seem to include a number of regularly requested features such as this one, and I believe the intent is to get v3 officially released first, and then start looking at feature requests after then.

Andre

• 1 year later...

I too would much appreciate a bookmark feature as I switch between audio books and music. I do not want to have to either use two audio apps or try to remember where I left off. Especially when switching while driving and trying not to be distracted from looking at the road. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived