Spotify / GoogleMusic Integration

vhuffaker

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, in last builds Google Music app hides its cached tracks, thus, Google Music support for Poweramp means redownloading and keeping the same tracks on the device again as Google Music downloaded/is keeping, but not giving them to any other apps (unless rooted, of course, but we can't reply on root). Bad move from Google.

I'm with all the other requestors. I've used Poweramp for years, and love it. I've tried tons of other players. None come close.

But most of my music in now in Google Play. I'd like to play "Google play music" through Poweramp. (Forget the downloads; I can do that by syncing my laptop)

Thanks

Do you know if or when there will be a way to play Spotify Songs with Poweramp?

I dont wanna waste Money with buying Spotify unlimited and cant play the music with Poweramp...would be useless

so maybe... if spotify says no... tell them they can get more premium users if they agree

Greetings

Magnus

• 2 months later...

The Google Music support is only possible via separate plugin which will redownload songs, even if they are pinned in Google Music already(

Thanks!

But if we can download from gmusic there is no more need for gmusic app. Why would you even want to use gmusic in this situation?

Just add any suport of gmusic.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I bought Poweramp a while ago and really makes my mp3 music more enjoyable. Recently I joined spotify which became available in my country but the sound is weak compared to Poweramp. I searched around and tried apps Equalizer and MusicFX which can override the default audio settings. The spotify sound became somewhat better but still inferior to Poweramp.

I read this thread and it appears it is not easy for Poweramp to be integrated with Spotify. Alternatively i suppose you have considered providing a paid app similar to MusicFX or Equalizer? Is it possible? 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have you considered simple storage clouds (DropBox, GoogleDrive) instead of music specific ones (Spotify, GoogleMusic)?

I for one don't like Spotify and although GoogleMusic is free I understand the difficulties, and I don't think it is bound to change, when you're dealing with music licensing things are not that easy, that's why GoogleMusic and others won't make it easy for third parties developers, you're supposed to consume the music only in the way they have a license for.

Normal storage on the other hand has nothing to do with that, you could upload your own files and have your Poweramp connect to them as many other apps do, read DropBox , GoogleDrive, SkyDrive, Box as if they were local storage, download on demand directly from the Poweramp player, sort of like the Music player does in iOS with iCloud.

I think connecting to music specific services is the wrong way, or at least consider the simpler approach first while you're still fighting to get Spotify or GoogleMusic onboard.

I'd be more than satisfied with DropBox support (and maybe GoogleDrive)

• 10 months later...

Any updates for Spotify integration? I really hate using Spotifys app and would love to use Poweramp to play my Spotify playlists offline. 

I would gladly pay for some kind of Spotify + Poweramp addon.  ^_^

Any chance for this to happen?  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Like evrybody here I could tell Poweramp is a great app with great sound and features BUT like a lot of people I'm waiting for a streaming integration : streaming with cloud services like spotify, google, deezer, qobuz, etc. and intergration with cloud storage (DropBox, Copy...).

What are the real and effective news about that? I scrolled in the forum and saw a lot of topics about this features and a lot of Poweramp posts saying : "ok, it's coming"... but the way seems to be quite long...

Will you really integrate such features and, if yes, when?

Tanks for the response and thanks for the job, 'cause Poweramp is trully the best local music player. It could become the best music player...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived