Spotify / GoogleMusic Integration

vhuffaker

I now have Spotify and GoogleMusic on my cell phone and it's a mess! Neither application is anywhere as nice as Poweramp. Currently, when I plug in my headset, Poweramp starts up but tries to play music from Google Music (with partial success, but mostly not).

Poweramp should be the control-center for my music services. I would tell it to use Spotify, or GoogleMusic, or local music files, and it would just work like normal.

Please, please.. this would be awesome! :)

Thanks,

Vince

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Either one would be amazing because right now I am really not sure what to do for my music. Poweramp blows the other two apps out of the water but both Google Music and Spotify allow me to not have to store my music on my phone and both have a desktop application which is very nice. Please consider this!

Agreed with Spotify, this seriously needs to be implemented.

..Google Music on the other hand is an entirely different beast since unlike Spotify which does have an API, Google has yet to release one for their music service. Quite unfortunate since it's a great service with a comparatively crappy Android player. Thus while we can ask these devs to give us their thoughts on doing something with Spotify I think our best efforts for Google Music integration with this (or any music player) is to give Google developers a shout on why this isn't already in their pipeline.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're going to support number of cloud services in Poweramp (via separate plugins) - Spotify is on the wanted list, but we're still communicating with them.

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer, I miss poweramps soooo badly!! :)

Any word on what cloud services will be supported and when? I would really like to pick one of the services and upload everything to it, but I'm waiting until I know which ones will work with Poweramp. Amazon Cloud Player looks to be the best but I don't want to pay for it and then find out you are only supporting Google Music. Thanks!

Any word on what cloud services will be supported and when? I would really like to pick one of the services and upload everything to it, but I'm waiting until I know which ones will work with Poweramp. Amazon Cloud Player looks to be the best but I don't want to pay for it and then find out you are only supporting Google Music. Thanks!

To be safe, I'd go with Google Music... But also, we can't give you a list now since we haven't come to agreements with everyone yet.

Thanks for the support though, and hopefully this all works out for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any word on cloud services? I really want to have a single app to control all of my music. It would be great if that was Poweramp, but with 80 gigs of music sitting on my hard drive that I can't listen to on my phone right now, I will go to whatever app works with the cloud first.

Archived