Please add support for various iTunes tags

skeezix

Could support for the following tags be added:

Album Artist: For albums that should be listed under a different name than the artist on some or all of the tracks. For instance, a Syd Barrett compilation may have tracks by Pink Floyd and by Syd Barrett; the songs' "Artist" tags should have the correct respective artist, but the entire album should be shown as by Syd Barrett.

Compilation: For "Various Artists" releases. This would enable compilations to appear at the end of the album listing, showing "Various Artists" as the artist. It would also fix the related problem where if you now have two albums with the same name, they appear as one album in the album listing. This behavior would no longer be necessary if it only combined tracks that had the "Compilation" tag set.

Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort: So that artists can be sorted by last name.

Album Sort: Not as necessary as the others, but would still be useful in some instances.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

I'm not an iTunes user, but would like to see support for additional "sort" tags - ARTISTSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT for example, as well as support for ALBUMARTIST. I have some albums where I want identified by ALBUMARTIST to keep things together. For example, I have Crossroads which includes songs which have as Artist: Eric Clapton, Cream, Derek and the Dominoes. I'd like it to have it default to the Album Artist (Eric Clapton). Also, I'd like the option to sort on ARTISTSORT so that I find Eric Clapton under "C" instead of "E" (my ARTISTSORT is "Clapton, Eric").

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I would highly appreciate support for the Sort Album tag. I have tagged all my mp3's with the release date in the Sort Album field (format: YYYY.MM.DD). On my iPhone and also in iTunes this automatically sorts all the albums from one artist in chronological order instead of alphabetical. Also when displaying a list of all the albums on the device they are presented in chronological order.

• 2 weeks later...

At this moment, we added support for Album Artist for Id3v2, ape, ogg/flac/opus and m4a encoded tags. Appropriate changes to library are now applied.

Thanks!

I would highly appreciate support for the Sort Album tag. I have tagged all my mp3's with the release date in the Sort Album field (format: YYYY.MM.DD). On my iPhone and also in iTunes this automatically sorts all the albums from one artist in chronological order instead of alphabetical. Also when displaying a list of all the albums on the device they are presented in chronological order.

I would also to see this, ie a Album Release Date "subsort". The scenario presented above is a great example... Especially with Artists who have many albums, the ability to also sort by date would be a great additon :).

At this moment, we added support for Album Artist for Id3v2, ape, ogg/flac/opus and m4a encoded tags. Appropriate changes to library are now applied.

Thanks!

When will this be pushed to the app version in the Android store? I haven't seen any app updates since this post.

I do exactly the same thing - it just makes so much more sense to me to organise albums and singles by release date, rather than alphabetically!

I would buy this app in an instant if you could include the Sort Artist and Sort Album fields :)

• 3 months later...

Thanks!

When will this be pushed to the app version in the Android store? I haven't seen any app updates since this post.

Am I missing something? I have a .mp3 collection all using id3v2, and all use album artist; however, I don't see how to organize by album artist in Poweramp.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived