Julius

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes please make it an option, which is easy to do as there is already an album art settings page.

Not all my album art is 1:1 dimensions, I don't like the graphical background that fills in the void.  Keep it black (or auto plain colour, or auto black or white, to complicate things!)

Yes please make it an option.

I personally like though the "shadow" "reflection"  that comes down through the controls.  That's real classy.  Please keep that, or ideally make that an option too.

I should recognised that it seems a lot of ingenious effort went into making the auto background fill-in (and perhaps that's where Poweramp started?), sorry but I don't like it when it pops up around non-square album art.  I also think there should be a checkbox or something in album art setting so that album art neatly fills up the screen width.  Originally it took a lot of grief to realise 107% was needed!

All the very best!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've added this option to build 555 (the next one). Thanks for the request!

Thank you for taking the time to address this request!

However, many of us who have posted to this thread were requesting something a bit different than the "No Shadow" option you've added. Specifically, we would like the option to remove the colored (blurry) background entirely. Please see this image for a precise example of what I mean:

257zvnr.jpg

Specifically, we would like the option to remove the colored (blurry) background entirely.

I wondered how long it would take for that observation to be made about build 555, as that was the first thing I tried too. I initially assumed that the new option wasn't working for me until I noticed that the drop-shadow was the only thing being effected.

Max, I too would prefer that this new option allowed the removal of the colour-wash background completely, rather than just the drop-shadow - i.e. leaving the background black (or as per the background of the current theme anyway).

Andre

Thank you for taking the time to address this request!

However, many of us who have posted to this thread were requesting something a bit different than the "No Shadow" option you've added. Specifically, we would like the option to remove the colored (blurry) background entirely. Please see this image for a precise example of what I mean:

Yes I fully agree, there needs to be an additional option to remove the blurred-coloured background even though I have no problem with it.

This was NOT addressed in v2.09 build 555

We need this, there are so many great skins but that ugly generated background ruins it!!!

It's not ugly and Max and his team added this as they thought it would best compliment the UI.

Like I said aforementioned, I do support an option to have no blur-colour behind the album

Please add an option to remove the colored background gradient as user awe444 has so clearly illustrated ("C. No background").  Or maybe add a slider to adjust intensity, where value 0 would result in solid black on a dark skin.  But I think most people watching this thread (5000 views!) would be happy with a simple on/off toggle.  Thanks!

I rather like the background image too, but obviously a lot of users want the option to disable it and see the current plain background instead (which may be black, or may be other colour depending on skins of course).

Andre

Note that there exists a practical (not just aesthetic) reason for replacing the colored background with plain black----many phones today (mostly Samsung models) have LED screens which consume less power when displaying black pixels, since these pixels are essentially turned off when black. This is precisely why I love the "Black Neon" theme in Poweramp, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, this has feature has now been added :) :) Thanks for your support in prodding Max and the development to finally pushing this optional feature in.

Poweramp 2.0.9-build-556 [updated: 21 May 2014]

- Album Art / Background Type (Default Blur/More Blur/Solid/None) and Album Art / Background Intensity options

iXcoH51.png

Archived