Long press volume keys to skip tracks when screen off.

sturmeh

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know which thread it was, but Max said this would not be possible for Poweramp to do.

He said that one could however, manually do it on a rooted phone by changing what the side keys would pertain to i.e. next/previous track. But I'm assuming that would be the same no matter if one was using Poweramp, any other apps, or just the regular interface

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, here's what I posted in Krazie's thread a few minutes ago about the solution to your issue (at least it's working for me, lol):

That function already exists, it can be enabled in Settings > Misc > Headset > Respond to Headset Buttons (check the box). Even though my headset doesn't have any buttons, that option does enable the Volume Rocker to skip the track forward or backward with a longpress of the Volume Up or Down rocker button when the screen is off.

That works great for me on my EVO 3D running Vin's Sense 3.5 rom (not Cyanogen Mod) and Chad Goodman's latest kernel. :)

I forgot to mention I'm running Poweramp version 2.0.5 build 477 (that might not matter, though).

Hey y'all, here's what I posted in Krazie's thread a few minutes ago about the solution to your issue (at least it's working for me, lol):

That function already exists, it can be enabled in Settings > Misc > Headset > Respond to Headset Buttons (check the box). Even though my headset doesn't have any buttons, that option does enable the Volume Rocker to skip the track forward or backward with a longpress of the Volume Up or Down rocker button when the screen is off.

That works great for me on my EVO 3D running Vin's Sense 3.5 rom (not Cyanogen Mod) and Chad Goodman's latest kernel. :)

I forgot to mention I'm running Poweramp version 2.0.5 build 477 (that might not matter, though).

I gave up on the volume rocker and earphones with controller (even the info you told me didn't work). Instead I'm going with this gadget that gives bluetooth remote control function along with a slew of other features in the form of a wrist watch reciever/sender:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed Poweramp Trial yesterday and found the app great, well worth my money, but the lack of the "long press to skip tracks" function was a serious deal breaker. Googled for a solution, found this thread and registered only to say that what you said did the trick! :D I'm using CM 7.2 RC3 on a ZTE Blade.

+1 for this feature for people that don't want to mess with custom roms!

• 3 months later...

+1 Seems to be a interesting Idea, I've only one concern. I see myself starting the music with a way to loud Volume desperatly holding down the Volume key but instead I just skip Songs ^^

This happens to me constantly, and why this feature might not be so practical for the mass user base.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THE DEVELOPERS ARE NOT LISTENING THIS IS A MUST HAVE FEATURE

We are very much listening just have quite a long list of to add features. This is behind things like Google Music (cloud music) support and design changes, but it's something Max says he's going to add.

Archived