Long press volume keys to skip tracks when screen off.

sturmeh

Now that you are overriding the volume keys to control the volume when DVC is enabled, would it be possible to include an option for longpressing volume keys to skip back/forward tracks?

This should only work if Direct Volume Control is enabled, and the screen is off.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feature I'd like to see as well even if you had to be rooted.

Although I'd like to see it happen when the screen is on so when i use a gps program in my car and using Poweramp for the music, i don't have to switch to Poweramp and then back to the gps program.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that you are overriding the volume keys to control the volume when DVC is enabled, would it be possible to include an option for longpressing volume keys to skip back/forward tracks?

This should only work if Direct Volume Control is enabled, and the screen is off.

DVC has nothing to do with volume keys. PA can't override any key. Volume key track control is a feature of CyanogenMod - it works in any player.

+1

playerpro have some great bugs it started call my contacts or random numbers so i erased it and bought Poweramp

hope this feature will be soon avaliable its realy good since headsets can easy start to go wild since i like to run and control songs... i noticed that headset with interact of little water (sweat) start to go wild and skip my songs randomly... this feature is what i need

Hmm, but don't you guys use a headset?

I mean most headsets (like the Galaxy S2 standard headset) support the function you want.

So theoretically there is no need to change the volume buttons in order to skip tracks.

Just my opinion.

If you're talking about handing the phone in your hand, then I can understand your request somehow.

By the way:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.itbenefit.android.Minesweeper&hl=us

This is Minesweeper.

It supports the feature to use the volume keys for something else.

I ain't no developer but you guys might be able to find out how it works.

Hmm, but don't you guys use a headset?

I mean most headsets (like the Galaxy S2 standard headset) support the function you want.

So theoretically there is no need to change the volume buttons in order to skip tracks.

Just my opinion.

If you're talking about handing the phone in your hand, then I can understand your request somehow.

By the way:

https://market.andro...nesweeper&hl=us

This is Minesweeper.

It supports the feature to use the volume keys for something else.

I ain't no developer but you guys might be able to find out how it works.

Nope,the third party headset is better than standard one on listen to the music,but can not make a call or skip tracks~ :P

I`m using Sennheiser MX880,there is no buttons :unsure:

Just registered to write request like this, but then I saw this topic.

I'm not alone about this, glad to see that :D

I had this "feature" on my old SE W610, and imo. it's must have.

I don't use headset, and this is best way to change track in crowded places (buses), w/o taking your phone out of pocket.

tl;dr Make it happen, please.

Just bought Poweramp kinda' assumed this would be in the standard options, the choice of locked track skipping control via the volume keys that is, for me long press is not needed just a short one, I can set the volume before I set off.

Sometimes you just don't want to get your phone out in a dodgy part of town, yet you would prefer not to listen to that learn Spanish set you have been meaning to listen to!

Awesome app but this feature would give it an extra star in my review.

+1

Yeah, I miss this feature so much. Tried various, but Poweramp is the only really good player for Android. It adresses most of functionality I need, but this one is a big lack, so I wold be very happy if this were implemented.

Tried to use Rocking shortcuts thad did the job changing Poweramp songs, but it's very buggy and a real battery drainer, so the best solution would be provided by Poweramp team themselves.

Almost perfect player guys, keep on working and you'll be there.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You'll probably get faster results by purchasing a headset with buttons and a mic for calls (play/pause, +vol, -vol). I have the Sony MDREX38iP/BLK EX and love them. For those who might not know, single-press = play/pause, double-press = next track, triple-press = prvious track. Once the music is started I don't normally have to take my phone out of my pocket.

You'll probably get faster results by purchasing a headset with buttons and a mic for calls (play/pause, +vol, -vol). I have the Sony MDREX38iP/BLK EX and love them. For those who might not know, single-press = play/pause, double-press = next track, triple-press = prvious track. Once the music is started I don't normally have to take my phone out of my pocket.

3 buttons iPhone. touch, pod headphones are unlikely to work with Android.

I'm looking for something like this, only with a pass-through. I use my phone as my media player in my car, so I just have a regular audio cable that goes from the aux port of my car to my phone's headset jack. I've been looking all over for a cable that has media controls on it, or at least a small dongle that I can plug a cable into.

The only things I've seen so far are Bluetooth adapters, and that's overkill. I don't want something that I have to charge all the time, I'd like something that is powered by the phone like the headsets are.

edit:

This is exactly what I'm looking for: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stylish-headset-w-microphone-volume-control-for-nokia-5800-n8-5230-n86-n97-3-5mm-jack-80cm-cable-54516

The only problem is, that's for Nokia phones. I'm not sure if it would also miraculously work on Android phones, but at that price I might order one and give it a shot.

Archived