extremely low volume

zeehar

hi guys, i just recently updated to build 2.0 (build 449) of Poweramp, and while the new features are awesome, there is a pretty significant change (on my phone at least) - the playback volume is extremely low on Poweramp. at the same "media volume" setting, the default android music app plays at the levels that i am accustomed to with Poweramp 1.x, but Poweramp 2.0 plays the same music at an extremely low level.

my phone is a htc sensation.

anyone else having this problem? i've been fiddling around with the eq, replay gains etc etc and none of them have made a difference. thank you.

edit: i've always set the "media volume" to 40~50%, so i don't listen to music at particularly loud levels, but i have to set the volume to nearly 100% to get the same levels as i did before the update.

yes, same as me !

Me too -- I'm running CM7 on a HTC Desire Z (G2)

I just reported this as a bug in the Bugs forum.

I turned the pre-amp up all the way, and since I use Replay Gain I've set the amp for that to the max too, and its a little better.

I've noticed too that the volume control in this situation is not linear -- it seems to be very quiet in the lower range, climbing very slowly, then jumps up quickly to the max in the final third.

Add me to the list, also running CM7 on Desire HD. Can this has something with the roms not being compatible with the Volume Control thingy in the newest version?

Until this issue is resolved, I guess I'll revert to V.1.4 and postpone my purchase.

Htc sensation is one of my primary dev. device. I can confirm PowerAMP loudness is the same as in 1.4 given the same preamp level, main volume and stock ROM. However, some 3rd party software can potentialy interfere, including apps like Equalizer, custom roms, voidoo kernel and such.

Thanks!

Me too -- I'm running CM7 on a HTC Desire Z (G2)

I just reported this as a bug in the Bugs forum.

I turned the pre-amp up all the way, and since I use Replay Gain I've set the amp for that to the max too, and its a little better.

I've noticed too that the volume control in this situation is not linear -- it seems to be very quiet in the lower range, climbing very slowly, then jumps up quickly to the max in the final third.

Exactly! You managed to type exactly what I was trying to report as a bug before when asking if volume levels had been tweaked in the new Poweramp.

I have just tried turning off the Direct Volume Control as the poster above has suggested and now when the volume goes from the "l" to the "u" in "Media Volume" there is no longer that jump in volume from almost being just right to "Holy Cow that's LOUD" lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all...

I've noticed that audio levels are much better for me with Settings > Audio Engine > Advanced Tweaks > Direct Volume Control DESELECTED.

YES! This has fixed the problem for me! At least my first reaction is that the audio sounds much better with this unticked! Thank you! BTW, I was having this problem on my HTC Desire HD too.

So, what happens in the event that I can't select/deselect the Direct Volume Control due to "Rom not supported"?

And the volume is still extremely low?

Note that with Cyanogenmod7, I have no other apps that may affect this and the volume that I perceives is remarkably lower than that of earlier versions.

Archived