PowerAMP v2.0 beta 3

maxmp

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Downloaded Beta3 and there's no improvement in the area covered by Post #61 in Poweramp 2.0 beta 2 thread !

I use the Classic Skin and the Locker feature of Poweramp. When I "power off" the device and power it on again, I have the Poweramp locker screen poping up with :

- Album art

- <<< << II/I> >> >>> bar fom Aluminium skin

- Seek bar + Info from Neon skin

This weird and not expected. As previsouly suggested by you, I uninstalled the Poweramp (but not PAUnlocker) and installed it again and went again through all the configuration process. No change in behaviour for this issue.

I won't ask again about the "Random 50/100" suggestion made in the above mentioned post but I have another suggestion to add :-)

In the times where I was using WindowsMobile, there was "Nitrogen" there which is a fine player too. It features a nice option which made "Prev/Next" buttons switch the track WITHOUT playing it immediately. I give you an example to understand.

You are currently listening to "Foobar" song. With this option activated, pressing "Prev/Next" would change the AlbumArt, TagInfo, SongName and the "Pause" bouton would become a "Play" button because the currently displayed song would be for example "OtherSong". Pressing play would then immediately play this new song. This feature is very nice to somewhat "force" the next song to play when you're listening the current song and then make sure that a precise song will play next without having to manipulate the lists.

The option could be named "Prev/Next advance in list" of something like this, it's up to you to choose whatever fits best. Of course, this option would only work with the onscreen controls and not with the headset button control which would be hard to make this work properly without dozens of clicks :)

lineo

When exactly do you hear such crossfade? I definitely can't reproduce it with your settings (everything is off) for any actions - play/pause, manual or auto track change, and seek.

I hear it when I skip tracks, or change tracks from Folder view. Basically any manual song change or manual seek. It can happen in the main screen or the lockscreen controls. I should also mention it doesn't always happen, but when it does, it is especially noticeable on tracks that immediately start without any silence at the beginning.

howdy. have the volume settings been changed? having a hard time finding the same sweet spot in volume. goes from just a little low to blasting in one volume level.

using an atrix no android dsp on, Poweramp limiter on, eq on, tone on, replay gain set to "apply gain" and source set to "track". all tracks using embedded replay gain set with foobar2000.

ps. i want to second the suggestion on track count as a toggle for the widgets, i'd also like to suggest scrolling text if possible as well as a track progress bar. the new bar you have would work great. especially as slim as you have made it!

another suggestion for widgets as well as track information displayed on the player screen would be the ability to also display "composer" in place of "artist" or ability to show both.

thanks again for your work Max.

Hi,

Downloaded Beta3 and there's no improvement in the area covered by Post #61 in Poweramp 2.0 beta 2 thread !

I use the Classic Skin and the Locker feature of Poweramp. When I "power off" the device and power it on again, I have the Poweramp locker screen poping up with :

- Album art

- <<< << II/I> >> >>> bar fom Aluminium skin

- Seek bar + Info from Neon skin

This weird and not expected. As previsouly suggested by you, I uninstalled the Poweramp (but not PAUnlocker) and installed it again and went again through all the configuration process. No change in behaviour for this issue.

I won't ask again about the "Random 50/100" suggestion made in the above mentioned post but I have another suggestion to add :-)

In the times where I was using WindowsMobile, there was "Nitrogen" there which is a fine player too. It features a nice option which made "Prev/Next" buttons switch the track WITHOUT playing it immediately. I give you an example to understand.

You are currently listening to "Foobar" song. With this option activated, pressing "Prev/Next" would change the AlbumArt, TagInfo, SongName and the "Pause" bouton would become a "Play" button because the currently displayed song would be for example "OtherSong". Pressing play would then immediately play this new song. This feature is very nice to somewhat "force" the next song to play when you're listening the current song and then make sure that a precise song will play next without having to manipulate the lists.

The option could be named "Prev/Next advance in list" of something like this, it's up to you to choose whatever fits best. Of course, this option would only work with the onscreen controls and not with the headset button control which would be hard to make this work properly without dozens of clicks :)

Yes! I suggested this a few months ago. I thought I was the only person in the world who remembered the nitrogen player. That was an awesome feature. Would love to see it. Poweramp is awesome. Anything added at this point is just icing on the cake.

Hi Max,

there´s not much to moan about. Although there could be some minor improvements ;)

I´d whish that the Repeat and the Shuffle icon are not visible the whole time if activated. Furthermore I think it would be better if the Tone/Vol icon is replaced by, for example, Lyrics because you can still access the Tone / Vol via the equalizer. And I mentioned it in one of my previous posts that the space where the file format is displayed could be used much better. I can´t see the importance of showing what kind of file is played at the moment. That´s all. Thanks for your great work and effort!

I've had a couple of app freezes in exactly the same circumstances recently:

Playing music at night via headphones, screen is off. I listen to a few tracks for a bit, then simply press the 'pause' button on the headphone cable and go to sleep. No problems so far. However when I wake the phone up in the morning (standard unlock screen, not PowerAmp's) PowerAmp is still showing as paused but it immediately displays an app frozen message (choices being 'Force Close' or 'Wait'). Waiting doesn't help, so when the message pops up again I opt to Force Close. This has happened on beta2 and beta3 so far.

Andre

@Max:

I'm still getting that -->

b6x9p3.jpg

Since Beta 1. After this visually corrupted screen, my phone just freezes and i need to pull out the battery for it to work again. This does not happen with the stable version nor with any other app tested. I'm on MIUI Rom, ideos x5 (u8800)

Yes! I suggested this a few months ago. I thought I was the only person in the world who remembered the nitrogen player. That was an awesome feature. Would love to see it. Poweramp is awesome. Anything added at this point is just icing on the cake.

+ 1

Maybe album swiping could be used for this feature whilst back/forward buttons work as normal?

howdy. have the volume settings been changed? having a hard time finding the same sweet spot in volume. goes from just a little low to blasting in one volume level.

using an atrix no android dsp on, Poweramp limiter on, eq on, tone on, replay gain set to "apply gain" and source set to "track". all tracks using embedded replay gain set with foobar2000.

Are you talking about when switching from track to track, using the media volume buttons, or using the PA volume "knob"? If the first, it could be how replay gain and PA are interacting. Try ripping some tracks where you're seeing this issue, but without RG and see what happens.

@Max:

I'm still getting that -->

<image removed>

Since Beta 1. After this visually corrupted screen, my phone just freezes and i need to pull out the battery for it to work again. This does not happen with the stable version nor with any other app tested. I'm on MIUI Rom, ideos x5 (u8800)

Have you tried completely uninstalling PA and its data before installing the beta APK? I'm guessing something is corrupted. Now if it's something (like a corrupt driver, etc.) that v2 is accessing that v1.4 isn't, it could be very difficult to track down...

It worked fine at first,but two days later,I found that all the CUE files disappeared from Poweramp,and rescan no effect.only APE left.No artist,no cover,just one song,tens of minutes length.

These files are all worked on V1.4.

I just installed beta3 to test on my Samsung tablet too, and had same problem: i.e. I started in Folders view, Shuffle mode was shown as OFF, and yet the 'prev/next folder' buttons were still greyed out, and also tracks were being played in 'all songs' alphabetical order (seemed like random at first, until I watched the song titles).

Darn, this problem has come back today, and now I don't seem to be able to fix it by going into Album mode and then back to Folders. This screenshot is in Folders mode, showing what is enabled and what isn't:

PA%20in%20Folders%20mode.png

With Shuffle set to 'Off' (as above) or 'Lists' it just plays all tracks in alphabetical order of title, regardless of folders (I have the top level sorting set to 'Full Path', then files-with-folders is set to sort by 'Filename', which is being ignored in favour of all songs alphabetically).

With Shuffle set to 'All', 'Songs' or 'Songs/Lists', it plays all tracks in any folders in random order (as far as I can tell).

In none of these cases do the prev-folder/next-folder icons become tappable. The widget version does show the icons (see below) but they don't do anything when tapped. The total songs counter also seems to be saying it is playing All Songs rather than a folder:

PA%20Widget2.png

Are there any debug files, or other data, that I can send you to help track this down?

Andre

Darn, this problem has come back today, and now I don't seem to be able to fix it by going into Album mode and then back to Folders.

After a lot more fiddling and jumping in and out of various Library and Folders modes, it seems to have fixed itself again. This is very odd...

Andre

mirari

Please check you have Parse CUE Files checked in PowerAMP Settings => (Folders/Library) Advanced => Folders/Library Scanner.

Andre

Your main player screenshot indicates All songs playing (violin icon). When you see this icon, PowerAMP indeed plays All songs, as this is the selected mode. Sorry, I can't reproduce any of shuffle or folder mode issues you're describing with PowerAMP beta3. The only thing I can think of is some sqlite3 issue, but this certainly should affect almost all apps on your phone. Are you on stock ROM or some custom one?

mirari

Please check you have Parse CUE Files checked in Poweramp Settings => (Folders/Library) Advanced => Folders/Library Scanner.

Thanks for your reply,but Parse CUE Files have been checked by default.Either checked or not,the Folders/Library displays APE files only.I guess some things was wrong with CUE Analysis.

These CUE files works on other player.And when I open them by Poweramp from explorer,it returns "failed to play file".

Sorry my English is not good.I hope you don't mind.O(∩_∩)O

At times, when loading lyrics from musixmatch, my galaxy s2 freezes. I mean, something the music keeps playing but I can't control the device, then after a few minutes, usually, it just turns off. Gotta undo the battery and put it there again.

Had had this problem just a couple of times even with the previous betas.

Anyone having the same issue?

Bought the unlocker yesterday and tested this beta3 :)

I don't really know what to say. It's something incrdible! Everything works fine!

I only have an annoying thing. When the music plugin discover lyrics for my song, the notification icon of that plugin stays in statusbar, so I have to delete it everytime.

Isn't possible to avoid that?

Thanks

Your main player screenshot indicates All songs playing (violin icon). When you see this icon, PowerAMP indeed plays All songs, as this is the selected mode. Sorry, I can't reproduce any of shuffle or folder mode issues you're describing with PowerAMP beta3. The only thing I can think of is some sqlite3 issue, but this certainly should affect almost all apps on your phone. Are you on stock ROM or some custom one?

HTC Desire-Z, stock rom, rooted. However I also had the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, so it is not isolated to a particular device.

The behaviour was indeed to play all songs, as all of the icons and so on indicated, but it was most definitely in Folders mode when I went into the Folders/Lib screen.

Not sure if this is related, but I now can't delete files. I selected 'Delete' during the closing credits of a podcast (as I regularly do) and PowerAmp popped up a confirmation message indicating that the file would be deleted from the SD card, can't undo. I confirmed, and a message appeared saying 1 file had been deleted, and that track vanished from the folder in PowerAmp ... however the file had not been deleted, and it was picked up again on the next rescan. Tried again with the track stopped, and also from the Folder/files view (long-press on file, select delete), and even after a full phone reboot, and nothing worked. Eventually deleted it via ES File Explorer.

Andre

@Max:

2.0 Beta3 is great!

Seems that a little feature I really like was lost: "- added song number/total counter (Settings => Look And Feel Tweaks => Show Track Counter)" (was added in 1.3 build-342)

Could you add it again?

Thanks,

Thomas

Have you tried completely uninstalling PA and its data before installing the beta APK? I'm guessing something is corrupted. Now if it's something (like a corrupt driver, etc.) that v2 is accessing that v1.4 isn't, it could be very difficult to track down...

yes i did try everything. Even a clean rom installation. I do believe that it has to with MIUI.. a conflict / incopatibility or something. But again that's something that has not been happening with the stable. I'm unable to test the beta versions because of this.

Archived