PowerAMP v2.0 beta 3

maxmp

Download PowerAMP v2.0-build-443-beta-3

Download PowerAMP Standard Widget Pack 2.0-build-22

Note: this widget pack is compatible with PowerAMP v1.4 as well

Not changed:

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin APK

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin JAR (same as apk, different packaging. Copy it to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/skins/ to install the skin)

Beta Changelog:

beta3:

- returned PowerAMP v1.x way of shuffling folders in hierarchy mode with one difference - it's possible to navigate with <<< >>> through folders. This shuffle mode (hierarchy) is only available when folder is shuffled though context menu (while in hierarchy view mode) or via Menu => Shuffle (while in such folder list)

- added support for multidisc track sorting. CD1 songs are now placed before CD2/etc. songs when lists are sorted by track #. Also, multidisc songs now have "track/cd" track number in Info/Tags (for discs starting from 2).

- in-List Menu => Shuffle button now shuffles songs with Shuffle List mode, instead of shuffling all songs (everywhere, except hierarchy folders)

- 4x1 and 4x2 widgets now center text when album art is hidden

- small widgets now properly hide shadow for zero transparency background

- added lyrics source selection dialog/Look and feel => Lyrics option

- added Look and feel => Meta option

- fixed list issue with artist/albums, genre/albums, composer/albums

beta2:

- added up/down gesture (main screen, lock screen) to change lists (folders/albums/playlists/etc.)

- new equalizer/tone layout, including return of Volume thumb

- player screen top panel equ and tone buttons now immediately navigate to appropriate equ/tone screens. Use long press on these buttons to enable/disable equ/tone

- balance knob now snaps to zero position

- returned play/shuffle context menu actions for all lists

- help hints are shown once per screen on first run

- added Expand Menus option

- more options for shuffle/repeat and rating stars over album art in player screen. They can be either hidden completely, or be insensitive for touching, or can be sensitive and always visible

- slide unlock option for lock screen

- configurable widgets, including the new 2x2 widget size

- few other small tweaks and bug fixes

- updated PowerAMP API support. Most of the apps which utilize PowerAMP API should work without changes, but some may need some adjustments. Updated API Lib/Samples will be posted on this forum soon

Full Changelog (from v1.4):

Audio Engine:

- Direct Volume Control for new Android 2.3+ sound system where available.

Direct Volume Control results in volume level equal (or higher with positive preamp) to stock player, but with the Equalizer/Tone enabled

- re-tuned equalizer/tone controls for Direct Volume Control (gives a larger range of distortion-free sound, deeper basses)

- output limiter. Ensures distortion-free sound even on extreme equalizer/tone amplification levels

- support for .mpc (sv7/sv8), .aif/.aiff

- replay gain support for all supported formats which support Replay Gain (mp3, mp4/m4a, flac, ape, wv, tta, ogg, mpc) (most effective with Direct Volume Control)

- stereo expansion effect (Stereo X)

- mix-to-mono, balance

Library/Folders:

- custom complete Library/Media Scanner implementation, 10x-100x scan speed comparing to system library tag scanner, 1000 songs scanned in 15-30sec (depends on phone/sd card)

- Music Folder hierarchical selection. PowerAMP scans only the folders selected in Settings => Music Folders\

- permanent shuffle. Shuffle session is stored in database and survive PowerAMP restart, phone reboots etc.

- Menu => List Opts for almost each Folder/Library list with the sorting, view mode, and other per-list options

- playlist unification, no more Folders vs Library playlists

- m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl playlist file formats support. Sync'ed playlists - any change to playlist is written back to m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl files\n

- playlist export from system Library

- embed cue support (flac, wv, ape)

- full-library and folders search

- history of songs played and other smart playlists (Most Played, Top Rated, Recently Played, Recently Added. Each list can be set to be sorted in Reverse. Enable these lists via

Menu => Lists Opts in Library)

- rating system. PowerAMP 2.0 stores ratings in own database only. Later versions will also sync ratings back to track tags\n

- option not to add duplicates to playlist

- auto-advance options moved from Settings to Advance List repeat mode

- new Shuffle modes: shuffle songs then lists; shuffle lists, songs in order

- home screen playlist shortcut support

- voice search support ("Listen to")

- track "Send" action support (Bluetooth, email, etc.)

- option to ignore shuffle mode in queue

UI:

- restyled skins (larger controls, less controls initially visible, expandable menus, bigger album art, etc.)

- ability to load skins from Market/apk/jar files on SD card (PowerAMP Classic external skin is available with PowerAMP 2.0 release)

- OpenGL cover animation

- grid view for folders/albums lists

- new Equalizer/Tone and Library layouts

- new configurable Lock Screen

- new configurable 4x4, 4x2, 4x1, and 2x2 home screen widgets

- improved Settings layout and reorganized options

Other:

- lyrics download (via separate musiXmatch plugin)

- more than 100 changes in total and more are coming in the next PowerAMP 2.x releases!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just installed this, and I can't turn Shuffle mode off! I can select through all the options via the button, or I can choose from the long-press pop-up menu, but Shuffle mode stays enabled and the 'previous folder/album' and 'next folder/album' buttons always stay greyed out. Tried several skins and also folder vs. libary mode.

Andre

Have done a complete uninstall and re-install of beta 3, but still can't turn off Shuffle mode at all. HTC Desire-Z, stock rom, rooted.

[Edit: actually, now although the prev/next folder buttons are still greyed out, shuffle mode does seem to be turned off - however PowerAmp is playing tracks in 'All Songs' mode (i.e. every song in alpha order) when 'Folder' mode and 'Sort by path' is selected. Folders layout is correct in the list view, but that's not how the player is playing]

I've got to put all my settings back in place now too - could do with a 'backup settings' mode for times like this.

Andre

Sorry, I don't think I can reproduce locally issue like you described (PA is tested on 3 dozen of various devices in-house). How exactly do you enable the shuffle mode and which one? Does long press on shuffle => No shuffle do anything? Also, if shuffle icon is not highlighted, shuffle mode is off.

Thanks!

I am not turning shuffle on at all, and the icon is showing as grey, i.e. that shuffle is off. Long press lets me select shuffle off again, but nothing changes and still the prev-folder and next-folder buttons are greyed out. However now I've checked further, the play order is not actually random, it seems to be playing all songs in alpahbetic order and ignoring Folder mode.

Andre

Max,

Where is the ability to backup ALL Poweramp's settings to the SD Card (an xml file)? I believe earlier you mentioned that this new feature would be ready to test for a 2.0 beta (which would go in the 'Settings' window).

Maybe backup-app-settings-to-SD is yet another differed feature, if so please state. Thank you.

---------

....BTW, thank you very much for the always 'expand menus' option now in this v2.0 beta 3 :)

No problem with shuffle for me.

Everything runs smooth on my N1 2.3.6 stock.

Still I wish coverart display had smoother operation as it stills lags a bit while switching between tracks

Rapidly.

Max,can you tune the treble to be more rounded and lighter,less harsh?

Even so,PERFECT job!

Oh and last thing,while in grid view mode,can you make the destination(like e:\music\rock\bon jovi)

below to folder name that already shown not to be shown,it makes the grid view looks messy.

I am not turning shuffle on at all, and the icon is showing as grey, i.e. that shuffle is off.

I just installed beta3 to test on my Samsung tablet too, and had same problem: i.e. I started in Folders view, Shuffle mode was shown as OFF, and yet the 'prev/next folder' buttons were still greyed out, and also tracks were being played in 'all songs' alphabetical order (seemed like random at first, until I watched the song titles).

I finally manged to fix it by switching into Library>Albums mode, setting a sort order and playing some tracks/switched albums/etc (which all worked fine). Then when I selected back into Folders view, everything was working again. The same trick worked on my phone. How odd!

One minor bug remains from beta2 in that the date-order sorting is still not working in the Library's "Recently Added" mode, or when sorting by date in Folder/File view. The initial sorted songs list is completely wrong, and the 'Reverse' option does not change anything, the same wrong order displays.

Andre

One minor bug remains from beta2 in that the date-order sorting is still not working in the Library's "Recently Added" mode, or when sorting by date in Folder/File view. The initial sorted songs list is completely wrong, and the 'Reverse' option does not change anything, the same wrong order displays.

Example. Here's the first page of the contents of my 'Singles' folder as shown in file explorer, sorted by date, most recent first:

Singles folder contents, sorted by date.png

And this is what folder view, sorted by most recent, shows in Power Amp (which are all pretty old files, but by no means the oldest):

Singles, recently-added (Reverse).png

And selecting the 'Reverse' option in PowerAmp's list view does not change it at all:

Singles, recently-added.png

Andre

The sort type is called "By date added", i.e. by date added to PowerAMP library.

PowerAMP uses "first seen" time for "Recently Added" and other time based sortings.

On initial import, all files get the same time stamp.

Thus, all files are recent at this moment, and reverse sort won't change anything as sort value is the same.

Subsequently added songs will get updated "first seen" time and will appear properly/will be sort properly for date based sortings.

Unfortunately, it's not reliable to use filesystem last modified field:

- on some phones OR sd cards it's just not plain updated on file upload

- on some phones OR sd cards it's not last modified, but file creation date

- on some phones it gets updated even if file is not touched (probably by some scanning logic or something).

While on some phones it can appear to work fine with filesystem based date sorting, I can't, for example, forget about some samsung devices, which uses different filesystem for internal flash and have last modified field issues, etc.

Thanks!

I just installed beta3 to test on my Samsung tablet too, and had same problem: i.e. I started in Folders view, Shuffle mode was shown as OFF, and yet the 'prev/next folder' buttons were still greyed out, and also tracks were being played in 'all songs' alphabetical order (seemed like random at first, until I watched the song titles). I finally manged to fix it by switching into Library>Albums mode, setting a sort order and playing some tracks/switched albums/etc (which all worked fine). Then when I selected back into Folders view, everything was working again. The same trick worked on my phone. How odd! One minor bug remains from beta2 in that the date-order sorting is still not working in the Library's "Recently Added" mode, or when sorting by date in Folder/File view. The initial sorted songs list is completely wrong, and the 'Reverse' option does not change anything, the same wrong order displays. Andre

Question for Max: is date order sorting based on file creation date, or by ID3 track date?

Ah, I assumed it meant "by date added to SD Card" (i.e. the file creation date, or better the file modified date). The date added into PowerAmp is somewhat arbitrary, as every time you do a re-install (as I just had to do) or a full erase and rescan, all the song dates will be exactly the same again.

I currently have over 2,000 songs, all of which now have the same 'date', which I guess is how most people will first experience PowerAmp.

Could you add a sort 'by filesystem date' option - even with a caveat that it might not sort as expected on all devices, but that's not PowerAmp's fault? The 'modified date' shown in ES File Explorer on both my HTC Desire-Z phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 all seem 100% correct, and they also all match the dates shown on the PC from which they were copied, so it should work fine on both of those devices at least.

Maybe even make a global Advanced option, selecting for all date sorting between "use dates added to PowerAmp", "use filesystem creation dates" or "use filesystem last-modified dates". That would allow people to choose what works for them with little extra effort.

Andre

maxmp:

I'm still hearing crossfade even when crossfade is disabled. When I seek or change tracks, there is still a noticable fade in.

Auto Advance Fading: No fading

Manual Track Change Fading: No fading

Fade play/pause/stop: Unchecked

Fade on seek: Unchecked

It was not an issue on the previous stable version, it seems to be a 2.0 issue. I also use ReplayGain (album) and Direct Volume Control, if that is related.

Archived