PowerAMP v2.0 beta 2

maxmp

Download PowerAMP v2.0-build-437-beta 2 build 437

UPDATE: build 437 fixes minor issue with beta1 => beta2 upgrade.

Download PowerAMP Standard Widget Pack 2.0-build-19

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin APK

Download PowerAMP Classic Skin JAR (same as apk, different packaging. Copy it to sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/skins/ to install the skin)

Beta Changelog (from beta 1):

- added up/down gesture (main screen, lock screen) to change lists (folders/albums/playlists/etc.)

- new equalizer/tone layout, including return of Volume thumb

- player screen top panel equ and tone buttons now immediately navigate to appropriate equ/tone screens. Use long press on these buttons to enable/disable equ/tone

- balance knob now snaps to zero position

- returned play/shuffle context menu actions for all lists

- help hints are shown once per screen on first run

- added Expand Menus option

- more options for shuffle/repeat and rating stars over album art in player screen. They can be either hidden completely, or be insensitive for touching, or can be sensitive and always visible

- slide unlock option for lock screen

- configurable widgets, including the new 2x2 widget size

- few other small tweaks and bug fixes

- updated PowerAMP API support. Most of the apps which utilize PowerAMP API should work without changes, but some may need some adjustments. Updated API Lib/Samples will be posted on this forum soon

Full Changelog (from v1.4):

Audio Engine:

- Direct Volume Control for new Android 2.3+ sound system where available.

Direct Volume Control results in volume level equal (or higher with positive preamp) to stock player, but with the Equalizer/Tone enabled

- re-tuned equalizer/tone controls for Direct Volume Control (gives a larger range of distortion-free sound, deeper basses)

- output limiter. Ensures distortion-free sound even on extreme equalizer/tone amplification levels

- support for .mpc (sv7/sv8), .aif/.aiff

- replay gain support for all supported formats which support Replay Gain (mp3, mp4/m4a, flac, ape, wv, tta, ogg, mpc) (most effective with Direct Volume Control)

- stereo expansion effect (Stereo X)

- mix-to-mono, balance

Library/Folders:

- custom complete Library/Media Scanner implementation, 10x-100x scan speed comparing to system library tag scanner, 1000 songs scanned in 15-30sec (depends on phone/sd card)

- Music Folder hierarchical selection. PowerAMP scans only the folders selected in Settings => Music Folders\

- permanent shuffle. Shuffle session is stored in database and survive PowerAMP restart, phone reboots etc.

- Menu => List Opts for almost each Folder/Library list with the sorting, view mode, and other per-list options

- playlist unification, no more Folders vs Library playlists

- m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl playlist file formats support. Sync'ed playlists - any change to playlist is written back to m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl files\n

- playlist export from system Library

- embed cue support (flac, wv, ape)

- full-library and folders search

- history of songs played and other smart playlists (Most Played, Top Rated, Recently Played, Recently Added. Each list can be set to be sorted in Reverse. Enable these lists via

Menu => Lists Opts in Library)

- rating system. PowerAMP 2.0 stores ratings in own database only. Later versions will also sync ratings back to track tags\n

- option not to add duplicates to playlist

- auto-advance options moved from Settings to Advance List repeat mode

- new Shuffle modes: shuffle songs then lists; shuffle lists, songs in order

- home screen playlist shortcut support

- voice search support ("Listen to")

- track "Send" action support (Bluetooth, email, etc.)

- option to ignore shuffle mode in queue

UI:

- restyled skins (larger controls, less controls initially visible, expandable menus, bigger album art, etc.)

- ability to load skins from Market/apk/jar files on SD card (PowerAMP Classic external skin is available with PowerAMP 2.0 release)

- OpenGL cover animation

- grid view for folders/albums lists

- new Equalizer/Tone and Library layouts

- new configurable Lock Screen

- new configurable 4x4, 4x2, 4x1, and 2x2 home screen widgets

- improved Settings layout and reorganized options

Other:

- lyrics download (via separate musiXmatch plugin)

- more than 100 changes in total and more are coming in the next PowerAMP 2.x releases!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Max

i cant take v2.0 for a spin (beta 1 or 2) as it completely freezes/ locks up my phone, then i have to reboot, if i try to open Poweramp after the reboot it will freeze again, im running latest miui on a hd2, any suggestions on how to make this work would be welcome.

many thanks

Kam

Nice!

I've installed both beta 2 and the Widget Pack. What's the difference? When I'm choosing widgets I see both "Poweramp" and "Poweramp Widget Pack" (or something like that - not 100% sure about the name), but the widgets have the same sizes and looks just the same.

Keep up the great work! :)

chreddy

Standard Widget Pack is for cases when PowerAMP installed on SD card. Though, additional Widget Packs are planned (with new widget types, i.e. for Android 3.0). Also, it's possible to create own widget pack by any 3rd party developer.

Thanks!

kam333

Unfortunately, I don't think PowerAMP will be ever completely compatible with MIUI, as this one has deep non standard changes to the Android Framework. Basically, it requires custom build, as MIUI support will break PowerAMP on stock ROMs.

Do'h I've been regularly refreshing the beta 1 thread waiting for this..... :rolleyes:

Glad to have the widgets back, however, I don't kow if this is a bug or not, with 4x1 style 2 I can't get the background to disappear completely, looks fine in the preview, but when I confirm it seems to turn the opacity up a notch.

kam333

Unfortunately, I don't think Poweramp will be ever completely compatible with MIUI, as this one has deep non standard changes to the Android Framework. Basically, it requires custom build, as MIUI support will break Poweramp on stock ROMs.

Tough choice, to make... Poweramp or MIUI?!!!

i forgot to mention ive been using v1.# since its release without problems,

will check on miui & xda to see if anyone else is having issues.

Many thanks

Please Help Max...

I've installed the beta-2 and I get get force close errors and can not start the app at all... I've tried - restarting the phone and uninstalling the classic skin and widget pack - still no luck. I've got a Galaxy SII running 2.3.3

going to try unstalling and re-installing beta-1

thanks,

spm

Update: I rollect back to beta-1 (intsalled on top of beta-2) and that is working ok :) but if I try to install beta-2 again I still get force close errors and the app shuts down instantly :( ... I'll have to stick to beta-1 for now

Is there a 4x1 widget option that removes the next-folder buttons? It's a bit busy, only really want play/pause, next and previous, Don't want to accidentally press next folder...

Similarly is there a way to remove the track counter from the widget?

Hi Max,

thanks for the new beta, and great to have the album swipe gestures back.

In the first moment I was a little bit shocked after upgrading from beta 1, because the new beta didn't seem to read the ID3 tags.

Aritsts/Album etc. in Library view were empty, even after rescan or erase/rescan.

The folder view and All songs only showed the filenames and not the song title.

I was pretty sure this worked in beta 1, reverted to beta 1, rescanned and everything was fine again. (Library showing all aritsts...)

Installing beta 2 again got me back to the empty Artists etc.

However, before asking for your support, I uninstalled Poweramp (except Unlocker) reinstalled beta 2 and finally I could use the library with all the tags.

So if anyone else is seeing such a problem after upgrading from beta 1... uninstalling and reinstalling should help.

The only disadvantage was to go through the settings again.

Other than that, great work!

Btw. I somehow didn't get your answer regarding problems with direct unlock.

You said it's connected to the ROM. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SII with stock Android 2.3.4/TouchWiz.

Any known issues that direct unlock also doesn't work on the stock SII?

Any patch I could install to get direct unlock working?

Upgraded from beta 1, Library->Artist shows "Data not available". Albums, all songs, playlists are fine. Quick rescan didn't help. X10 2.3.3.

I changed albums List Options to select "reverse" and the list of albums immediately disappeared and it now shows the same "Data not available".

Please try Settings => (Folders/Library) Advanced => Folders/Library Scanner => Erase And Rescan, or, better, uninstall it and install clean.

As mentioned in my post... Erase and rescan also didn't work but uninstall and reinstall did the job.

Only had to reconfigure Poweramp but that should be done quickly.

You said it's connected to the ROM. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SII with stock Android 2.3.4/TouchWiz.

Any known issues that direct unlock also doesn't work on the stock SII?

Any patch I could install to get direct unlock working?

Direct Unlock indeed works on my SGS2 2.3.3. Not sure about SGS2 @ 2.3.4 and other ROM variations.

As mentioned in my post... Erase and rescan also didn't work but uninstall and reinstall did the job.

Only had to reconfigure Poweramp but that should be done quickly.

Thanks. Yes, re-install obviously worked. My main worry was playlists that I didn't want to lose. Good thing that exporting them and including /sdcard/playlists in the library brought them back.

Thanks. Yes, re-install obviously worked. My main worry was playlists that I didn't want to lose. Good thing that exporting them and including /sdcard/playlists in the library brought them back.

Oh, and on fresh install, no folders were selected for library so it came up empty initially. This may confuse new users.

Archived