Playlist loading

laird141

Recently upgraded Galaxy 7 to Galaxy 8.  Moved SD Card containing all music and playlists.  Now PA plays all music but does not recognise the playlists  nor will find them in a scan or import.  They are in the SDCard/Playlists folder.

I assume you are referring to .m3u8 playlists. they are text files holding the full path of a track but your new device's sdcard is now called different so the path is no longer valid. You can verify the details by using a text editor. The common way to fix this is to search for the old sdcard reference and replace with the new sdcard reference. You can also use my app to import the playlists as android playlists and import these into Poweramp. Search the forum as this is a common problem.

If PA is showing you the playlist names, but when you open them there are no songs inside, then Theo's message above is the solution (edit the .M3U(8) files in a text edit to correct the absolute paths to match your new device).

If the playlist names are not even showing, then the SDCard Playlists folder may not be included within the list of folders that PA has been asked to scan - see Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders to check that all of your music and playlist folders are ticked.

Andre

Andrewilley.  The playlists are in the Playlists folder and the folder is one that is supposed to scan.

If I look at the .m3u8 with a text editor they are empty files!

This could be the problem, but where did they go?!

I have redone all teh playlists now.  Not a problem.  thanks anyway!

If they are empty files, then they were most likely exported from empty playlists within PA.

When you did the most recent Export, had you already tried removing the old SD Card for any reason, as that would clear any internal list contents before you exported them.

Andre

Archived