playlist export, export and edit in windows

gd777

I would like to export the playlists and reorder them to my liking. However, I have hundreds of songs in multiple playlists and doing on over the phone manually from within the playlist is next to impossible.

Is there anyway I can just reorder my playlists from windows explorer where its much easier with selecting and dragging multiple items at once??

I exported them, but dont know how to open and transfer back to the phone.

When you export your playlists, Poweramp creates a text file for each playlist with an m3u8 extension. Simply copy these to your pc, open them in a text editor such as wordpad and rearrange the lines.

Once completed, just save it ensuring you keep the .m3u8 extension, and copy back to your device. Make sure you place them in a folder which is scanned by Poweramp.

Additional, you could use excel if you are familiar with saving as text format.

Avoid using editors such as Word as they may add their own codes to the document.

That works!. Thanks very much. Why are they 2 sets of playlists with second one being "File based playlists"? Is it due to the export?.. My modifications seem to be picked by the file backed playlists though. Just wondering

Poweramp has its own media database where it holds its playlists and you will not find these outside Poweramp. The file based ones are just lists of tracks mot necessarily created in Poweramp. My New Playlist Manager for instance and other music players produce these too as it is an interchangeable format.

You should always export Poweramp internal playlists as a backup as you will find many users have lost their Poweramp playlists when for instance you remove your sdcard whilst the device is switched on. Lots of posts on this on the forum.

Archived