Integrate with Google Assistant's Music Providers List

Hi!  Poweramp is great, and I'd like to set it as the default music provider that the Google Assistant uses when I say "Ok Google, play Yanni".  Unfortunately, Poweramp doesn't appear in the list of possible music providers in Google Assistant's settings pages, as outlined here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47962336/define-my-app-as-google-assistants-default-music-service

Can Poweramp get added to this mysterious list?

Thanks!

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would really love to see both, the music provider and the AndroidAuto support.

Although my hopes are really low. AndroidAuto support has been requested a lot since over two years now and nothing has happened since...

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2018 at 5:22 AM, paulmedynski said:

Hi!  Poweramp is great, and I'd like to set it as the default music provider that the Google Assistant uses when I say "Ok Google, play Yanni".  Unfortunately, Poweramp doesn't appear in the list of possible music providers in Google Assistant's settings pages, as outlined here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47962336/define-my-app-as-google-assistants-default-music-service

Can Poweramp get added to this mysterious list?

Thanks!

-Paul

I would like this too please. It would especially handy while driving.

If you say "play X by Y in Poweramp" it will do it, and it seems to remember so you don't have to specify Poweramp most of the time. It tries to open Samsung music when it mishears me and I don't have the song.

But it doesn't start playing automatically most of the time. And if it was already playing something it usually won't switch songs, even though Google assistant pulls up the artist in the preview even when I don't specify the artist. Seems like Poweramp already has some sort of integration, it just needs some work.

1 hour ago, teorouge said:

I do second that, please add Google Assistant integration!

It is already integrated!

However there are some problems, and that's why I really registered here. Starting playback from Google Assistant works with just "play [artist]", after setting Poweramp as default player. But stopping playback does not. I've tried all I could think of, e.g. "stop playing", "stop playback", "stop playback in Poweramp, "close Poweramp" etc. Nothing works. Google Assistant shows answers like "Yes" or "Sure" but the music continues. Is there something I've missed?

Archived