Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

Play store version on Galaxy S8 Exynos, Hi-Res Output works flawlessly, great job Maxmp!

A question; in your opinion is best to upsampling all tracks to 192 khz or is better to use HD Output only when listening to HD tracks?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if it was version 708 or 709 (didn't use the player in that period) but the notification widget and the lock screen controls are finally working for me. They haven't been working since I upgraded to Android 8.1. Not sure what you changed, but don't change it back.

51 minutes ago, cristi.neagu said:

I'm not sure if it was version 708 or 709 (didn't use the player in that period) but the notification widget and the lock screen controls are finally working for me. They haven't been working since I upgraded to Android 8.1. Not sure what you changed, but don't change it back.

That was one of the (very welcome) fixes in 705, backported from the 790 beta-preview.  The numerous fixes in 705-709 make waiting for a feature-complete beta much easier.

The announcement for 705 is has a list of the changes.

8 hours ago, majovajo said:

Hi Max, I am sure that you are under heavy load now but I noticed an issue.
I have a Oneplus One with latest Ressurection Remix ROM and on build 588 I could utilize the rom's function to control playback with volume buttons with locked screen.
I haven't updated the rom but I installed the 705 (same on 706, 709) build and the playback control doesn't work for PAMP (for other players it does).
Also doesn't work with offscreen gestures.

Could you please check the issue if you have time for this? Maybe it would be helpful so that it doesn't end up in the final version.
Thank you very much for your support and thanks for Poweramp. (Using since Symbian)

Symbian? Interesting

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, all releases will run on a tablet. There is no special customisation of the display though, it will mostly look like a large phone screen.

Andre

Thanks, Andre. 

Yes, i had went ahead and uploaded 709 (from704) on my S3 tab last night...Seems to be functioning well! Need to use Open SL output, but still sounds good (not HR output). Must say (for fear of reprisal) that the 7xx builds still look amazing on a big sharp screen, particularly with hires art. That's another reason i don't like any boxes covering the album art - its kinda like going from the old beautiful LP art to a cassette or cd. ;)

Just now, cristi.neagu said:

It works ok. I can see the album art and the controls. The only issue is that there is no back button. That may be by design.

Isn't that just the regular notification panel though? Not the actual music players lock screen? I'm not sure the lock screen works on the current versions yet.

Just now, ReeceS269 said:

Isn't that just the regular notification panel though? Not the actual music players lock screen? I'm not sure the lock screen works on the current versions yet.

Yes, it is the notification on the lock screen. I don't use PA's lock screen.

On 5/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, utahman1971 said:

What happened to Samsung's? Are they left out? The problem with volume still being low even in your bug section for v2, went away on alpha v3 700 up until 704, but 705 and 706 for Nougat is terrible on volume maxed to get what it used to be on volume, and starts to distort badly. Never going to use Hi Res ever again because of this. s7 variants.

Same problem here

Hi Max, i want to report. High Res output works fine on my device Xiaomi Redmi 4x Resurrection Remix 6.0. But there is one problem, When listening through the wired headset, and there are notification sounds from other applications. The high res output was suddenly not running, I checked its output, written 16bit 48khz instead of 24bit 192khz. and the sound coming out of the wired headset is just one. I hope the next update will be fixed soon. Sorry with my english, i use google translate

@Kidsnd274 If you mean Samsung @ Android 7.0 + Hi-Res => yes, DVC doesn't work there, thus, less volume by default (can be compensated by Preamp) and no deep equalization/basses as there is no enough dynamic range (can't be compensated).

It works on Androids prior 7.0 or on 8+. DVC works fine for non-hi-res outputs. This is device firmware limitation, which is only resolved in Samsung's Android 8.0.

@Reiza I don't think I can reproduce that on my Xiaomis, but Redmi 4x has no Hi-Res output anyway (Snapdragon 4xx series have no hi-res). Also custom ROMs and/or audio mods usually break hi-res output even if it exists in the device (as dropping .so and .confs from unrelated devices is not enough). 

Your device basically resamples sound back to 16bit/48khz.

53 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

@Kidsnd274  Actually, if you got good headphones or earphones. Setting adapt in SoundAlive with DVC turned off with Hi Res sounds awesome. I am using my Skullcandy Ink'd 2 because no bass is needed with these, and volume is nice now and sounds very clear on my s7 edge with Nougat. Had to turn off volume limiter though because there is a bug with the limiter and it would jump to 100 for no reason at all. So I turned the limiter off. I don't use the pre-amp because it starts to sound terrible if you go to high on it. Yes, some will say skullcandy is crappy headphones but they sound better than the smokin buds 2 earbuds or higher ones from that brand for the price, and bass is very nice for being cheaper.

Ah yes the bug that makes it jump to volume 100 is pretty annoying. Where is the volume limiter setting? (is it the one in the EQ)?

I'll try using SoundAlive.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Kidsnd274 If you mean Samsung @ Android 7.0 + Hi-Res => yes, DVC doesn't work there, thus, less volume by default (can be compensated by Preamp) and no deep equalization/basses as there is no enough dynamic range (can't be compensated).

It works on Androids prior 7.0 or on 8+. DVC works fine for non-hi-res outputs. This is device firmware limitation, which is only resolved in Samsung's Android 8.0.

Yeah, on top of low volume, my EQ settings are creating lots of distorted sounds which are worst with preamp increased. Does this mean that back on 804, it wasn't playing high-res with DVC enabled?

@utahman1971 Thanks for the suggestion. Tried using adapt sound with DVC disabled + high-res. Sounds better and louder. Except for the bass peaking slightly, adapt sound seems to "increase the volume". I'll just turn down my EQ for now and use this until a new update is released. It sounds pretty good too, somehow sounding more bassy than the previous setup (probably due to adapt sound).

EDIT: Now I know why it sounds more bassy, it goes through Samsung's EQ

Oneplus 3T factory oos 5.02 (8.0)

Poweramp new beta 790 hi-res works headphone output flawlessy at 192/24 bit

Poweramp alpha 7.0x up to 7.09 latest only works in hi-res headphone output to 48/24 bit.  If you choose anything above 48k up to 192k at 24bit the audio loses major quality and sounds like an old-school telephone.  Removing dvc and tweaking doesn't fix it.  However it does work in hi-res 24bit at 48k and 44.1k

Baffling.....

Like some other people I am also getting a black screen on LineageOS 14.1 (Galaxy S4). Same thing also happens on build 790 but thats just a preview so I will ignore that.

Can't use the "send error log" button as well because it doesn't pop up.

I attached a small log for now but you can contact/message me if you need anything more. I can also test a new version if you want me to.

Log_2018-05-21_18-43-04.txt

Archived