Poweramp alpha build-709

maxmp

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

Any chance that OpenSL ES HD will be available to use via AUX on the Pixel/Pixel XL (1st gen).?

Unfortunately these devices have no hi-res output (hardware-wise they do, but that's not implemented in their Android versions).

On 5/29/2018 at 8:41 AM, kaotic_zeus said:

Great job on the 708/709 max i vastly prefer it to the 790 thats in the works, felt too funky to me. 

The only one problem im having is output device is always set to speaker when using a bluetooth device of any kind. This has been a problem with all verisions, i have a feeling its meant to be intentional.

Device is HTC U11 stock rom android 8.0

I have exactly the same issue, and hence can't stream HD to my bt dac which supports it on version 709.

Is this intended behaviour or a bug please @maxmp

12 minutes ago, p50kombi said:

I have exactly the same issue, and hence can't stream HD to my bt dac which supports it on version 709.

709's audio output code is more up to date than 790 (which is more of a user interface test). The output features currently in 709 will form the basis of development going forward.

Andre

@maxmp build 709 requires fix for lenovo vibe x3. The main error is the disabled "turbo hifi" (DAC Sabre), it is saved from build 706. I already informed you about this, 

I'm ready to provide dump's, logcat's, system_files that are required for fix this bug.

51 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

709's audio output code is more up to date than 790 (which is more of a user interface test). The output features currently in 709 will form the basis of development going forward.

Andre

Thanks, that wasn't my question though. 

My question is why a bt dac shows up as phone speaker in Poweramp. 

As you might have noticed, hd isn't available for phone speaker in 709

9 minutes ago, p50kombi said:

Thanks, that wasn't my question though. 

My question is why a bt dac shows up as phone speaker in Poweramp. 

As you might have noticed, hd isn't available for phone speaker in 709

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your "supports it on version 709" wording as meaning that it worked for you in 709 but not 790.

Yes, I seem to recall Max mentioning that he had disabled HD options for phone speakers as there's no point - but if other devices are showing up as speakers, and thus disabled too, then that could be an issue (most regular Bluetooth connections aren't high res either of course)  

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your "supports it on version 709" wording as meaning that it worked for you in 709 but not 790.

Yes, I seem to recall Max mentioning that he had disabled HD options for phone speakers as there's no point - but if other devices are showing up as speakers, and thus disabled too, then that could be an issue (most regular Bluetooth connections aren't high res either of course)  

Andre

Well, that's not true. I have an aptx hd dac and an ldac dac, both support hi res 

2 hours ago, p50kombi said:

Well, that's not true. I have an aptx hd dac and an ldac dac, both support hi res 

I said "most regular Bluetooth connections" ... APTX is most definitely not a regular bluetooth connection, although it is starting to seep down into more consumer-level pricing now. As far as support from Android/Poweramp goes though, we'd need to wait for Max to comment.

My point was that the tiny little speakers built in to phones do not need FLAC, high-res output, etc.

Andre

3 hours ago, p50kombi said:

Is this intended behaviour or a bug please @maxmp

I came to this thread to ask if anyone else was experiencing worst quality audio for bt earbuds (mine being Jabra elite 65ts) in 709 as well.

It's noticeable enough that I deleted the 709 and moved back whatever the google play version was.

I am hoping there is a fix for this soon so I can update and get better audio, but I am glad to see I wasn't just imagining it. Cheers p50kombi :) 

Do you know of any fix for the moment?
OR a guide on how to properly set up wireless bt earbuds for best audio quality through Poweramp?

21 hours ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately these devices have no hi-res output (hardware-wise they do, but that's not implemented in their Android versions).

I had high res output when on 7.1.2....so why would they disable it on there own phone in 8.1?

Google added in HD audio codecs and such for Bluetooth and all that, with a big focus on improving audio subsystem in Android....so it should support high res.

16 hours ago, SympleScience said:

I came to this thread to ask if anyone else was experiencing worst quality audio for bt earbuds (mine being Jabra elite 65ts) in 709 as well.

It's noticeable enough that I deleted the 709 and moved back whatever the google play version was.

I am hoping there is a fix for this soon so I can update and get better audio, but I am glad to see I wasn't just imagining it. Cheers p50kombi :) 

Do you know of any fix for the moment?
OR a guide on how to properly set up wireless bt earbuds for best audio quality through Poweramp?

I have the opposite experience. Using Open SL ES HD on BT sounds better than non HD or the default Android setting.

Set Float 32 and No headroom gain options....sounds awesome with my 2 BT Sony earbud sets both do LDAC. And also the sounds awesome with my Kenwood car head unit that supports AptX.

I also notice a improvement when using my USB DAC and Vmoda Cossfade Wireless headphones (in wired mode).

54 minutes ago, speedingcheetah said:

I have the opposite experience. Using Open SL ES HD on BT sounds better than non HD or the default Android setting.

Set Float 32 and No headroom gain options....sounds awesome with my 2 BT Sony earbud sets both do LDAC. And also the sounds awesome with my Kenwood car head unit that supports AptX.

I also notice a improvement when using my USB DAC and Vmoda Cossfade Wireless headphones (in wired mode).

Well, the issue we're having is that our Bluetooth devices somehow are registering as though Poweramp is just using phone speaker. 

So for some reason a Bluetooth dac is not recognised as a Bluetooth device 

2 hours ago, p50kombi said:

Well, the issue we're having is that our Bluetooth devices somehow are registering as though Poweramp is just using phone speaker. 

So for some reason a Bluetooth dac is not recognised as a Bluetooth device 

That fact was not stated in the post i was replying to....

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

The old is old! What you say sounds like an old Windows XP user that can't handle change.

IMHO Windows 7 was where their UI look and feel peaked, it's been downhill since then with 8 and 10 - as far as proper desktop use goes anyway. Change does not always mean improvement.

Andre

4 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Staying in the past is no improvement either. I have had so many BSOD with XP that I never had with others after, and that is even with SP3. Two a day. maybe 10 with Windows 10 since release, and that is how long since? So no XP is not better by a long shot. Basically called "Windows Bad XP".

I didn't suggest staying with XP (well, unless Vista is your only other option, in which case stay with XP!). However the actual user-interface design in 7 is so much better than the flat blandness of either 8 or 10. There's stuff under the hood in 10 that's been greatly improved though, so I do use it as my main OS, but I still prefer the look and feel of 7. Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic I think!

Andre

6 hours ago, PizzaEX said:

Why Hi-Res Output is not using Snapdragon 24-bit PCM variant on Mi A1? I feel it sounds much better than the current Direct HD variant. (Tested with UAPP, but I really love Poweramp! Sorry if I sounded rude.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9lm6ROLn0AHcTRvVVdJX3RNMzQ/view

I do get the same thing on my HTC U Ultra, it doesn't appear as Snapdragon 24-bit PCM which can overrides my USonic. Any solution max ?

Archived