[703] Playlist position resets to 1 when connecting phone to a USB 3 PC port for charging

Adambean

Hi there,

I noticed ever since opting into the Poweramp beta programme a few months back there is a very very minor issue with the playlist functionality, potentially shuffle functionality.

For nearly 4 years I've always had shuffle mode on "shuffle songs, lists in order" with repeat mode on "repeat this list". However I noticed now and then when I'm not listening to it the playlist position has reset to song 1, but the song I most recently listened to is still the active song. -- Just like if I were to request a reshuffle.

It however only dawned on me within the past week that it happens way more often when I stop listening to music at work. (At home it's rare.) The difference is at work I charge my phone with a USB 3 type C cable from the USB 3 type C port on my work PC, whereas at home I charge my phone using the official OnePlus DashCharge adaptor/cable. I wondered if my work PC was at fault so trying this on my home PC today I can reproduce the issue exactly, though only when charging via a USB 3 port. (Charging from a USB 2 port does not cause this.) I'm not using any data transfer mode, the USB option is set to "charge only".

You can do this whilst the phone is locked or unlocked. With a widget on my home screen when connecting my phone to a USB 3 port the song stays the same, but the song number resets to 1. Such a super trivial issue though. First world problems eh? :) This is literally the only issue I'm encountering with Poweramp mind. Very reliable application for a long time, well worth the donation, thank you.

My phone is a OnePlus 5T running Oreo 8.1 (though the issue happened on 8.0 too), running Poweramp build 703. Please let me know if you'd like any further information. (I'd test this on my old Samsung Note 3 if the screen didn't have serious cancer.)

Archived