• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
displayName

Artist list sort bug

5 posts in this topic

There is a bug that's pestering me and I can't help anymore but report it. Let me start off by saying that I am not sure that the "Artist list" view is the only place where it occurs, maybe it's in album view too, have not tested it. Here is the bug: 

I first noticed it with "A Perfect Circle" and subsequently with "A Tribe Called Quest". The first one will be sorted at "P" and the second one will be sorted at "T", ingoring the preceding "A%20".
Can I have any hope this will be looked into? Or that it won't show up again in Poweramp v3 please?

Then again, I assume it might not be a bug. It sure feels like one though. Thinking of it, does this occur with artists names starting with "The%20" as well?

That's how proper alphabetic sorting of text should work, you ignore any definite or indefinite articles ("a", "an", "the", etc). Filename sorting is pure ASCII though.

Andre

That's... annoying. When 100 artists seem to fall into place, and then you have 2 that decide to ruin your neatly organized library.

Surely artist names like "The Smiths", "The Damned", and "The Cure" should be correctly sorted under "S", "D" and "C" respectively though, not all under "T" ? Indefinite article titles ("A" or "An") are a little less obvious sometimes though. Having it as an option wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Andre