Poweramp alpha build-705 - Updates for high-res & notifications within old (feature-complete) user interface

maxmp

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hadi_rena said:

I found an error on library settings, there is no text or description on one item

That's been like that for a few years of beta releases, it should read "Scan Status". All it does is show an in-progress icon on the status bar while the scanner is working. I guess there's not much point in fixing it in the 70* testing fork now, as I don't even know if it will be there at all in v3.

Andre

46 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Don't try to install from a mobile web browser. Download the file first (personally I always do it on a PC) and only then launch it from a file explorer app on your phone.

Andre

If you have the 790 installed uninstall it first and then install the 705.. got the same error before

Why The volume controllers are set to casting.. ! :huh:

Also, long press Volume keys to Change Songs while screen is off still didn't work.. 

Though, It's working in build 790.

On OREO & Xiaomi Redmi 4X(Santoni).

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180512-141429.png

@maxmp As with the beta, as with the alpha I have BT control issues. I'm using Audio-Technica ATH-AR3BT headphones with aptX on the Nexus 6P with Android 8.1. The controls don't work with OpenSL and OpenSL HD enabled. Switching to AudioTrack output and back to OpenSL helps, but it only lasts for so long until it stops working again. Turning off absolute volume and DVC has no effect.

Can you investigate this issue? I'd be happy to provide additional info, if necessary. 

@maxmp

Thanks for the hi res fix for this version I really wish if this could be the final Poweramp v3 & not the new UI version

Don't get me wrong but I really like this version over the new UI

New UI looks phenomenal but it's not practical like this v705 version I don't like the way it shows back text on the album art, I don't like the fact that we have to use swipe gestures to change songs which is really very difficult to operate with single hand

I really like the way it shows visualisation on v705 & also I'm able to get the bottom control panel as well I don't like full screen visualisation all the time

Your the best I'm sure you'll address those for the final version of Poweramp

If you could enable theme option for this 705 version this can be the final version of Poweramp but I know this is ain't gonna happen because a lot of people vote for new UI

Let's hope for the best

We will always support you for your amazing work Max

One odd thing is i get better audo quality on the 790 rather than the 705 on opensl es hd output... and my Moto G4 plus probably doesnt have hi res support but still i am experiencing this?

4 hours ago, Pg_Pi3Gey said:

Why The volume controllers are set to casting.. ! :huh:

Do you have "Volume Levels (Experimental)" set to something other than "System Default" (under Audio -> Advanced Tweaks) ?  That option will do this.

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

It was always there, in uni (==web site) versions, used to unlock full version for given account. Beta has no such permission as it requested when needed, but alpha doesn't have this code (and have lower target API).

Ahh, thanks.  Now that you say it, I've probably seen the answer before.  It's been too long since I installed an update from the forum and my memory failed me.

6 hours ago, jamaniek said:

@maxmp As with the beta, as with the alpha I have BT control issues. I'm using Audio-Technica ATH-AR3BT headphones with aptX on the Nexus 6P with Android 8.1. The controls don't work with OpenSL and OpenSL HD enabled. Switching to AudioTrack output and back to OpenSL helps, but it only lasts for so long until it stops working again. Turning off absolute volume and DVC has no effect.

Can you investigate this issue? I'd be happy to provide additional info, if necessary. 

Interesting, as BT controls are decoupled from audio itself (both in Poweramp and in Android subsystems). I will try to investigate that.

ASUS Zenphone 3 Zoom (ze553kl)

Snap 625

Android 7

Hi-res start to work at android 7 but one bug present. After short notification DVC stop works. If I press pause for example start to work again. Possible press + or -but sometimes I need press several time (look like work system 16 levels only, I use 50).

Beta version have the same trouble...

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Oreo 8.1 custom rom

I'm missing the OpenSL ES HD output. I was so happy I could finally check to see if the new output actually works on this device or not since I could barely feel any difference.

I have hires experimental output instead, but not the snapdragon 24-bit pcm one. And again, I can't feel any difference compared to default OpenSL output ?

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180512-211647.png

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180512-211653.png

9 hours ago, tonja_loco said:

Does anyone know if Pixel 2 supports Hi Res audio? This is what I get on mine.

Google branded phones (Nexuses, Pixels) don't generally support Hi-Res on internal DAC (i.e. for wired headset), this is only due to the software limitations - hardware is perfectly capable. To support Hi-Res e.g. on Snapdragon SOCs (Pixels are on Snapdragon), some specific Qualcomm patches should be applied to Android codebase, but as Google releases fresh new codes on these devices, no Qualcomm patches exist at the moment of the ROM release - Qualcomm needs some time to analyze and change their codebase for the new Android release.

Also, I think Google wants to keep their Pixel ROMs as clean and close to AOSP as possible, at least on low level.

Hi-Res is still supported in areas, where no such specific patches are needed - BT/LDAC and USB DACs.

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

I don't think there is official 8.1 from Xiaomi yet, and custom one should be checked if it contains all the Qualcomm additions (Alchemy-CAF code).

Hi Max, 

Thank you for the update. You made my day.

In version 790 I can select OpenSL ES HD output for wired headset. I can't do that in 705 as there is only USB DAC and Bluetooth in the list of OpenSL ES HD outputs. Does this mean:

1. My ROM doesn't actually support Hi res output for headphones and although 790 is showing it the output isn't actually hi resolution? 

2. I better start begging the developers of the ROM my phone is currently on to do a little bit of magic [aka add all the Qualcomm additions (Alchemy-CAF code)]?

Everything else works flawlessly. 

Thanks again for v 705!

-

Xiaomi Mi 5S, Android 8.1, LineageOS 15.1

Archived