[790] Adding new tracks to library works but tags aren't properly scanned.

Nyaomi

This track is new and it is also properly tagged, however Poweramp will not recognise it and it will not let you edit tags nor album art. It says track not loaded but the track plays as you can see.

Fyi I'm on Android 8.1 AOSP.

Screenshot_Poweramp_20180508-012339.png

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Depends on what you mean by "properly tagged", what tagging format have you used?

Andre

I use the default tagging format (that should be ID3 afaik). The thing is, I wrote "properly tagged" because it has all the common tags such as cover art, year, title, album, artist, composer and lyrics. And they get recognised in other music players and in Media Storage.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Could you upload a sample file somewhere for checking?

Andre

Well, it happens with every file I add to my library, so I don't think it happens with a specific type of files. Anyway if you have Telegram I could send you some samples.

That file is Vorbis tagged, not regular ID3 format, and there a lot a non-ASCII (Chinese?) characters in the lyrics tag.

However that said, on my devices, Poweramp builds 790 and 704 both read all the tags perfectly, and can edit and save modifications too.

Have you tried clearing app data and cache, to force a full rescan, to see if that helps?

Andre

• 1 month later...

I tried with many formats and encodings, even with simple latin letters.
What I found interesting is that if I have a song on the internal storage tags are scanned instantly, but if I move that song onto the SD Card they aren't anymore. It takes some time for tags to appear correctly anyway. It may be one or two days with the bug, then it magically parses the tags.

Clearing app data and cache "fixes" the issue but then it will reappear with new music and people are not supposed to clear player data every time (because restoring a backup from settings also restores the bug, I also checked this little thing)

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 7:38 PM, AryToNeX said:

What I found interesting is that if I have a song on the internal storage tags are scanned instantly, but if I move that song onto the SD Card they aren't anymore.

Hi, I am noticing the same problem.

I am using Poweramp 793 on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon variant, and the ROM is 15.1-20180821-NIGHTLY-mido.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, AryToNeX said:

This bug still persists in latest build 809

Have you submitted a sample file for checking? Looks like PA seems to think there are no tags, which can force PA's automated scanner into ignoring the track as it falls short of the limit set in Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks. If so, try setting that feature to "Don't Ignore - include all".

Andre

Hi, I'm very obbsesive with this too and I use itunes to rename all my songs 

For the changes to take effect you have to do a full rescan of songs

go to the folder options and do a full rescan (the option is at the end of the list) of all your library and then you will be able to see the changes, I hope this can help you, btw I am an Once too lol and can you share what else do you use to tag your mp3 files or m4a??? Grettings from MX

On 11/26/2018 at 12:52 AM, andrewilley said:

Have you submitted a sample file for checking? Looks like PA seems to think there are no tags, which can force PA's automated scanner into ignoring the track as it falls short of the limit set in Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks. If so, try setting that feature to "Don't Ignore - include all".

Andre

I submitted a file for checking but it seems files aren't the faulty ones here. It just happens with new music on the SD card.

I cleared data and cache but the problem is persisting... And I didn't ignore short tracks at all.

Archived