How to transfer sound ratings to new SD?

alx

Hi,

I have copied all music from my old sd card to a new sd card but when I am using my new sd card all song ratings are gone?

How can I transfer my song ratings?

That's because they are now 'new' songs (Android, bless Google's idiocy, will have created a new randomised name for the replacement SD Card) and when the 'old' songs were noted by PA as having been deleted from the filesystem, any ratings relating to those now-deleted songs will have been removed from PA's database too. Then all the 'new' songs will get scanned and added to the database, but without any context.

If you've still got the original setup with the old card still in place (or a backup you can restore) you could use an app like New Playlist Manager to export the ratings (maybe even save them into the music files themselves) and then re-import them onto your new device. But if you've only got one live system and no backup, all the ratings will be gone as soon as you put the new card in I'm afraid.

Andre

57 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

look here for more details:

http://www.theo.klinkweb.nl/Poweramp.html

I followed your manual but after step 5 rating are not restored.

poweramp_ratings.txt is stored on device storage under playlist_manager folder

then i put in the new sd card run playlist manager and select Import Poweramp ratings but still not shown in Poweramp

The file will contain details for each track in the powramp database

The format is as follows

Track##Rating##Times Played##Last Played##albumTitle##artist##
"10 '69.mp3"##"0"##"21"##"1525164224"##"Abandon"##"Deep Purple"
"05. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth.mp3"##"0"##"1"##"1523194521"##"Kill 'Em All"##"Metallica"
"07 (S)aint.mp3"##"0"##"0"##"0"##"2003 The Golden Age Of Grotesque [clean]"##"Marilyn Manson"
"14_-_Against_The_Wall_(Bonus).mp3"##"0"##"0"##"0"##"2002 Live in Tokyo"##"Glenn Hughes"

The update process only looks at the track, reads it from the android media database. It then finds it in the Poweramp database and updates the rating and times played. The location of the tracks does not play a role.

After waiing for some hours and trying again it is still not working.

poweramp_ratings.txt - contains the old rating

new playlist manager under the Poweramp tab contains the new sd songs

Poweramp already has some rating (manually added by me) can the new playlist manager not merge the ratings and this is problem?

I have had a look at the .txt file  and found that all your ratings are 0. I suspect you created the export after you already had lost them in Poweramp.
What you can do is perhaps use a text  editor and amend the ratings for the tracks manually and then import. It is easier than having to rate them using Poweramp

As a result of this thread, I have added more functionality to New Playlist Manager. In the next release (2.19) you will be able to rate a complete playlist with one click. For instance you have a favourite playlist, just select Rate from the context menu, click the number of stars when prompted and click Ok. That's it.

Archived