Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, MRK17 said:

I find it funny that many of you are concerned about HD Audio and pristine quality then go all out and enable all kinds of distorting bullcrap like Dolby Crapmos or XxXtremexXx Sikk Audio Mod #23754 Mega Bass Edition, and then proceed to listen to music using godawful Skullcandy or Beats or if you're lucky low end Sennheiser earbuds.

Couldn't agree with your more. Perhaps there should be a warning notice: Not for muppets with cheap headphones/earbuds - LOL

why do not you touch the equalizer on a HI-FI Home?
the argument is that starting from a transparency as optimal as possible
helps in all situations.poi who uses earphones from 30 euros will go to 
touch up as necessary to correct the shortcomings of its hardware, 
those who will use earphones from 150 Euro will perhaps need only light 
tweaks.different the speech (and in this I agree with you) for 
extraneous effects like surround or delay and frills reverberations 
that only mess the sound.without considering the different hearing 
of all of us and specifying, that a nice flac can make better the idea 
of what and how much to touch.the pure sound of what was recorded 
in the recording studio by the artist is almost never satisfactory 
for the listener

then, I do not think anyone who spends 5 euros for the power amp uses the 4-euro discount headset

9 hours ago, dun198 said:

Do you plan on updating the apk with the current state, or are you waiting for the next preview until more features are added?

The next published build will include full library support.

8 hours ago, koolicecream said:

If possible give option between static seeker and the previous one... 

While technically it's easy to do for built-in skins, this option will complicate things greatly for 3rd party skin authors, thus, seekbar type is per skin now.

7 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

looking better.  I just wish the text wouldn't cover the album cover.  Will there be a change to move the text off the album covers?

There is no enough screen space on many devices (with 16:9 screen or shorter) to fit all info with rectangular full width album art. Previously, album art was covered by toolbar and panels, now these are not covering album art.

Built in skins made to be compatible with as many devices/screens as possible. Nevertheless, later I will return to skins and probably will add more built in variants. I hope 3rd party skin makers will publish many skin variants even before that.

8 hours ago, ultimat3pro said:

How is the "Black Pro Skin" different than the "Black Skin"?

Black Pro has <<< << >> >>> buttons and static wave seekbar (whole track wave is visible). 

6 hours ago, Asim said:

Please make songs title and other tags in player screen  ROUND just like  like and dislike button

The idea is simple: rounded (large radius) things are clickable, rectangular (actually, small corner radius) things are not. It's easy to modify current built in skins with radius changes (and colors), so I guess first 3rd party skins will be about that.

5 hours ago, Seve-s said:

What about lenovo vibe x3? Saber DAC will now be able to work, fixed a bug related to the 0x4000 flag? 

Vibe X3 has 2 "outputs" - 16 bit only/192khz Turbo Hi-Fi and Snapdragon 24bit/192khz. There is no any click or any noticeable sound difference when Turbo Hi-Fi is toggled on/off while playing in stock player (on my X3 with latest OTA, from forums I know this behavior changed over time with various OTA updates), so personally I think this device always uses same DAC and doesn't do any analog switching internally. 24bit/192khz is in build 709, in older alphas (704) 16bit variant was enabled.

Nevertheless, it's possible to fully duplicate stock player behavior and do the 16bit/192khz variant, I will probably add switch for that (OEM variant, as previously for Sonys).

1 hour ago, Siddharth Jadav said:

I have to pay extra for the pro skin?

Built in skins are included (==free). As for 3rd party skins, it depends on skin authors.

1 hour ago, Siddharth Jadav said:

Still a bit confused.

1. What is the difference between Black and Black pro skin? I have to pay extra for the pro skin?

2. Option to switch between static and original seek bar?

1. I think the difference between black and black pro is one comes with older seek bar and the pro comes with new seek bar just an assumption not sure though. I don't think that you have to pay any extra for a built in theme again an assumption not sure though, even if it is I don't mind to pay Poweramp cost much less than any other crap out there in the play store

2. I guess I already answered

38 minutes ago, Prosenjit said:

1. I think the difference between black and black pro is one comes with older seek bar and the pro comes with new seek bar just an assumption not sure though. I don't think that you have to pay any extra for a built in theme again an assumption not sure though, even if it is I don't mind to pay Poweramp cost much less than any other crap out there in the play store

2. I guess I already answered

Yup the pro skin has previous/ next buttons as well as a full wave seekbar . Actually thats a good thing as there will be two types of skins a pro and normal one so 3rd party skinners csn make two versions of a single skin.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Vibe X3 has 2 "outputs" - 16 bit only/192khz Turbo Hi-Fi and Snapdragon 24bit/192khz.  

And both these conclusions can be used and codec hi-fi and dac Saber turbo hi-fi as the user wishes. This is directly shown in mixer_paths.xml:

"<path name =" deep-buffer-playback hifi ">
<ctl name = "TERT_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia1" value = "1" />
</ path>

<path name = "deep-buffer-playback turbo-hifi">
<ctl name = "QUAT_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia1" value = "1" />
</ path>
 <path name = "compress-offload-playback hifi">
<ctl name = "TERT_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia4" value = "1" />
</ path>

<path name = "compress-offload-playback turbo-hifi">
<ctl name = "QUAT_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia4" value = "1" />
</ path> "

703/705/790 build work fine and in turbo hi-fi:
"945 BOOL 1 QUAT_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia2 On
1501 INT 1 Es9018 Crystal 45M Switch 1
1605 ENUM 1 QUAT_MI2S SampleRate KHZ_88P2
"

and in hi-fi:

"960 BOOL 1 TERT_MI2S_RX Audio Mixer MultiMedia2 On
1501 INT 1 Es9018 Crystal 45M Switch 0
1603 ENUM 1 TERT_MI2S SampleRate KHZ_88P2
"

The thing is that these versions with HiRes Lenovo Hi-Fi use flag 0x4000:

"AudioStreamOut: 0xf6364c40 flags 0x4008 (DEEP_BUFFER | 0x4000)".

Version 706/707/708/709 for some reason this flag is ignored:

"AudioStreamOut: 0xf1a237e0 flags 0x31 (DIRECT | COMPRESS_OFFLOAD | NON_BLOCKING)".

I already said that I can get 709 build to use the DAC Saber if running in a thread created by Usb Audio Player Pro:

"AudioStreamOut: 0xf1a239d8 flags 0x4031 (DIRECT | COMPRESS_OFFLOAD | NON_BLOCKING | 0x4000)"

Now do you see this flag?

флаг неуловимый.zip

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

There is no enough screen space on many devices (with 16:9 screen or shorter) to fit all info with rectangular full width album art. Previously, album art was covered by toolbar and panels, now these are not covering album art.

Speaking with my "user voice" hat on, it does seem a bit strange to move the toolbar panels (which previously could be auto hidden anyway) in order to meet user requests that there be less clutter over the cover artwork, but then add more text over it anyway. When polled, the vast majority of users did not seem to like the concept at all: 7% were happy with it as per build 790, another 6% would he happy if the corners were rounded and it matched in nicely with the rest of the interface, but the other 87% wanted at least the possibility of moving the title/artist/album text away from the artwork area completely, perhaps overlaid over the seekbar area (that text does not need to be clickable, so it would not interfere with seekbar operation). The current text area doesn't even scroll back and forth to show longer titles on smaller screens like it used to, it just truncates with an ellipsis.

The old method of briefly tapping the cover art to display the extra control icons seemed to work very well before (and caused less of a problem whenever the artwork area was inadvertently touched, as doing so did not leave the current screen) so perhaps the controls could be reverted back to that overlay method, thus freeing up plenty of space below the artwork for song title/etc? 

This does seem to be something that ought to be a high priority to address though, and not something achieved via skins. Perhaps this discussion could be continued in the other thread though (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11359-poll-where-should-the-titleartistalbum-wording-be-displayed-overlaid-over-cover-art-or-below-it/), to avoid cluttering up this one?

Andre

1 hour ago, Ameya28 said:

Yup the pro skin has previous/ next buttons as well as a full wave seekbar .

I'll be fascinated to see how this works, as rather than the seekbar being reduced in height to make space for a row of buttons, the buttons appear to be overlaid over it. I'm not quite sure how you seek without passing your finger over the buttons, or vice versa?

Andre

@Seve-s Yes, 704 build applied lenovo hi-fi flag (0x4000), but this results in 16-bit output. That was changed in build 709 by other users request to enable 24-bit output. As I wrote before, it can be resolved by specific option to enable/disable OEM variant.

5 minutes ago, koolicecream said:

Just one last question... I love the current seeker...so will it be available on the light skin I mean the current or is it replaced with static..? 

Non-pro light and black skins retain current draggable wave seekbar and overall layout.

Some help would be nice

If open SL HD shows working happily on any device, then which output is it actually playing?

I have a moto g5 plus so I guess it doesn't support that format

Should I switch back to openSL or does this have better output??

Running 8.1 on dirty unicorns

Installed and then had to revert back to the previous version. 

Major problem was that the audio was completely missing on my Nokia 8.

I'm on the latest 8.1 version with the pro camera update from yesterday. 

Second problem was that the default ui was way too white, it was literally like having a staring contest with a lighthouse. 

I know that the final version has themes, but why couldn't the dark menu ui option also affect the whole player?

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

Built in skins made to be compatible with as many devices/screens as possible. Nevertheless, later I will return to skins and probably will add more built in variants. I hope 3rd party skin makers will publish many skin variants even before that.

Hi @maxmp,

Regarding album art for v3 beta it seems always cropping to rectangular full width, is it possible to have same behavior as v2 stable? some of my album art aren't 1:1 scale sometimes they are in landscape or portrait scale which cropping make those looks weird.

Thank You

@maxmp
First of all thank you for such nice player, Im using it for 7 years.
I got this beta on my S9. Beautiful! But... one little thing - navigation bar is white:( 
I know that I can change a color in setups(unfortunately there are only pale and bright colors), but for example VK app has this black colored n.bar. Maybe I ask a lot, but this contrast has already got me pissed off. Anyway I will be grateful for the answer:)

Screenshot_20180601-173354_Poweramp.jpgScreenshot_20180601-174641_VK.jpgScreenshot_20180601-173318_Poweramp.jpg

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Speaking with my "user voice" hat on, it does seem a bit strange to move the toolbar panels (which previously could be auto hidden anyway) in order to meet user requests that there be less clutter over the cover artwork, but then add more text over it anyway. When polled, the vast majority of users did not seem to like the concept at all: 7% were happy with it as per build 790, another 6% would he happy if the corners were rounded and it matched in nicely with the rest of the interface, but the other 87% wanted at least the possibility of moving the title/artist/album text away from the artwork area completely, perhaps overlaid over the seekbar area (that text does not need to be clickable, so it would not interfere with seekbar operation). The current text area doesn't even scroll back and forth to show longer titles on smaller screens like it used to, it just truncates with an ellipsis.

The old method of briefly tapping the cover art to display the extra control icons seemed to work very well before (and caused less of a problem whenever the artwork area was inadvertently touched, as doing so did not leave the current screen) so perhaps the controls could be reverted back to that overlay method, thus freeing up plenty of space below the artwork for song title/etc? 

This does seem to be something that ought to be a high priority to address though, and not something achieved via skins. Perhaps this discussion could be continued in the other thread though (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/11359-poll-where-should-the-titleartistalbum-wording-be-displayed-overlaid-over-cover-art-or-below-it/), to avoid cluttering up this one?

Andre

Well said and explained.  I wish there was a like button or thanks button for posts lol.

11 hours ago, dbfan2 said:

@maxmp Any chance you could release the version with black theme before you complete the work in library section? Love both the black themes.

There was a user poll in which Max asked what priority users placed on several areas that still need completing during interim releases of the beta version. The vast majority of users (over 60%) wanted all of the original features (Libraries, sorting, etc) restored as the most urgent priority for the next release, then after that came updating of the high-res audio engine for newer devices, and definitely in last-place (about 15%) was adding the dark interface.

So far, audio engine updates have been addressed first (via the 705-709 test builds), the dark interface is pretty much done judging by Max's recent screenshots,  and he says that restoring the Library/etc features is still in progress. So I think development requirements probably overrode the requests of the poll... :)

Andre

Archived