Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think that one line has ironically completely made the previous poster's point about how non-intuitive gestures can become. A menu button marked "View Options" would be an obvious and intuitive method to change the view options, however pinching or jabbing at the screen in some random way to see what happens (and finding it after three weeks) is very obviously not so intuitive.

For the record by the way, I really like the look of new interface in general terms, and I love the animations. I think Max has done a really great job. My concerns are more operational, in that it is too gesture based and prone to accidental operation (I too prefer simple and unambiguous buttons and menus); there is too much clutter over the album art (which for years users here have been asking to be as clean and unobstructed as possible); the seek bar doesn't let you move around the whole track (although it is now much better for small movements within a long track, which is a real plus).

Andre

Honestly It is ironic but only for that one gesture. Im assuming the list options menu that doesnt function right now, which is in all the views is the same thing though. I knew about the pinch to zoom in lists.

But Max never listed what it did lol

I think its kinda funny that people are complaining about the gestures when there already is or will be buttons for every option. He even said there will be skins with both forward/fast forward etc.. Buttons on future "pro" skins.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Well, you try to take away something from them to complain, they will just keep doing it another way. There is no stopping it. It is their nature to complain more. So even if there was 3rd party buttons off of skins done. They will find something else to complain about.

True that i feel like some users are purposely doing it.like someone who is a uapp or blackplayer fanboy coming here to complain just to put people off

Before Power Amp I actually used BlackPlayer EX as my main player. First time using PA with this 790 incomplete build and I don't think I could go back. I love the gestures and the rest of the UI. (Especially the NP screen) The album art function is also amazing. Hi Res album art is ?. The audio options you have are also fantastic.

Awesome, glad to see it has not been abandoned.. much appreciated Max!  At first it would not work on my s8+, for like a minute .. all I did was force stop the app, clear the cache and restarted PA and works perfectly.. 

Just downloaded the new update. Seems to work great! I like the new look. 

Only thing I noticed that seems off is that, on my moto g5s Plus, Android 7.1.1, the song that is playing doesn't match the album art in the background. Infact the album art in the background is the next song's album art (playing all songs on shuffle)... could be a settings thing I haven't found yet but thats really it.

Other than that so far so good. Nice job max ?!

would it be possible to get a toggle for the notifications? so it can be toggled to be large(expanded) or small? i have a hard time adjusting to the new larger notification, as i had gotten so used to the compact version.

other than that, i still love this music player, and will likely keep using it, and recommending it to everyone i know, who plays music on their phone.

I have installed this beta today. I have a few things to point out. Pardon the repetition if these have already been mentioned in previous comments. These are issues and suggestions ONLY.

1. The song title within the player is displayed as FILE NAME instead of title from tag. 

- Happens with AAC music files. Play Store PA doesn't have this issue.

2. Maybe a previous/next button. Pretty please?

- Changing songs on big screens is a huge hassle.

3. I am not sure if animations are laggy on my phone or they are meant to be slower, but it would be great if there was a toggle to make switching between interfaces within the app a bit more fluid (by disabling navigation animations?)

4. A bigger 'pause' button?

5. On tapping search, the keyboard should be opened automatically. It makes things easier than stretching the finger up to the top.

6. Tapping 'back' on 'search', 'equalizer' and 'library' subinterfaces should revert to player (current music playing UI). Only then should 'back' result in minimizing the app.

7. Are the Like/Dislike buttons operational in this version?

1 hour ago, choppedartisan said:

1. The song title within the player is displayed as FILE NAME instead of title from tag. 

- Happens with AAC music files. Play Store PA doesn't have this issue.

I suspect this will be due to some AAC files having Quicktime tags instead of normal ID3 tags, one of two people have reported issues with tags in some iTunes-sourced music not reading tag data correctly (which would cause PA to display the filename instead). Apple do love to march to the beat of their own drum. I assume this is something Max may look into at some time.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I suspect this will be due to some AAC files having Quicktime tags instead of normal ID3 tags, one of two people have reported issues with tags in some iTunes-sourced music not reading tag data correctly (which would cause PA to display the filename instead). Apple do love to march to the beat of their own drum. I assume this is something Max may look into at some time.

Andre

it happens also with mp3 files, when you have a big library (1000+ files), when i add new music i have to fully rescan all my folders 4-5 times until it gets the tags for all new added songs, yeah sometimes it can be really annoying, i hope max will fix this in the next beta, i used to think is because of the low reading speed of my sd card but i switched to an sdxc UHS-I, and the problem is still there

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Yes. You are absolutely correct in saying this. It happens on Windows too. However, this issue isn't present in the stable version, not even on the latest alpha from play store. This is the biggest reason why I started using PA, it is the only music player without this issue that I tried. 

I believe it has something to do with code optimization perhaps (most players using the same generic source code?), or maybe the size of my music library as mentioned by another user?. I do have a crap load of music on my phone.

EDIT: scratch this issue. I notice it is some of my AAC files that somehow lost some data from their tags. The rest seem fine.

I have an interesting issue

Sometimes the wavebar doesn't analyze the song right and makes the first minute or so blank. As a result, the song starts over once it finishes, and the player thinks it's not actually playing the song anymore.

Is there some way to regenerate the wavebar or something like that?

I'm on an LG G6 with Oreo 8.0

8WQPv5I.png

21 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Well, it is May now and not June, for final to be released in June. So why expect the final before June? Also, 705, 706, 707, 708, and 709 alpha are the updates in May.

Yes, MAX dropped out a lot of Updates in May. He worked hard and I am sure he will continue to work hard to release Poweramp V3. V3 will come as soon as it's done and everything works as it should.

10 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

Off topic question, did max change the look of PA fourms?

There were some background issues with file operations which we had reported to the support team of the company that provides this forum software, and we've had an upgrade to the latest software release (which is why the forums look a bit different).

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

There were some background issues with file operations which we had reported to the support team of the company that provides this forum software, and we've had an upgrade to the latest software release (which is why the forums look a bit different).

Andre

The new update is harder on the eyes. Less defined borders and shading. Text is lighter black and thinner. I have to zoom in allot more to even read it. Don't see any preferences options to adjust theme or styles. 

This is what the world thinks is the future?...so much white space and minimal everything.

My eyes are bad enough as they are....?

I am developing a Android Music Player only for learning purpose. And I have created music player custom notification with progress bar and seek functions. (see screenshot).  I am showing you this because I want that our favourite music player Poweramp should also have these functions. I am only suggesting... And Last decision always  depends on you. 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20180527-084339.png

Archived