• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

1,485 posts in this topic

LG V20 user reporting in here, love the new redesign!  I'm really geeking out over the menu transitions.  And the Hi-Res output works amazing, definitely a noticeable bump in audio quality.  I'm all too excited to move leave USB Audio Player Pro behind thanks to the internal DAC implementation. 

The only issue I'm seeing so far is in the Folder view: nothing happens when selecting the "list options".  I'm all about viewing my folders in Hierarchical view, so this is really the only thing I'm really waiting for to be fixed.  

Also, when Hi-Res output is enabled, there's no volume indicator popping up anywhere.  Granted, it says "Volume icon may look like Remote Media" when enabling, just thought I'd point it out.

Thanks for the work Max!  Poweramp user since 2011.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Oh, didn't you know that it's already out for most users... it's just being kept a secret from you.

Seriously folks, enough with the ETA requests! There have been two test releases this week alone (705 and 706) and now Max is going back to making the 790 fork more feature-complete. When he's ready to release something, it will be announced in these forums first. 

Andre

Where is the 706 download? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me why Poweramp pauses when using the volume dial knob in my car connection via Bluetooth and if there's a fix for it?

I'm with the OP, It gets rediculous jumping one version to the other instead of working with thier device to get things to work on your devices. Sooner or later, you will do the right combo of versions to get it to work. I have 790 working on note 8 with OREO. At first other versions crashed, but there's a delay after reboot for the app to work. I've been there, done that. Max's development and apps are great, even if 790 isn't finalized. 

I love it, the update pa 790 are the best Player on Android.Max you do your thing great, go so on. I have one wishes when it is possible, pleas enable playlist. Sorry for my English THX

LG TOM 

Posted (edited)

dumpsys media.audio_flinger still pcm16 4800khz on Redmi note 3 oreo + Poweramp build 790. 

Hi-res option doesn't work as it should yet.

Rolling back to marshmallow + PA build 704
EDITED: here's a screenshot from mm rom + PA build 704 with 192khz 24 bit working as it should for wired headphone.

Screenshot_2018-05-17-23-27-37-411_jackpal.androidterm.png

Edited by adhiNick
clarify about the screenshot

16 minutes ago, adhiNick said:

dumpsys media.audio_flinger still pcm16 4800khz on Redmi note 3 oreo + Poweramp build 790. 

Hi-res option doesn't work as it should yet.

Rolling back to marshmallow + PA build 704

Screenshot_2018-05-17-23-27-37-411_jackpal.androidterm.png

Are you sure that audio output is 16/48?

IMG_20180517_204231.jpg

49 minutes ago, Seve-s said:

IMG_20180517_204231.jpg

Yeah looks all right to me

Can't install the Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk . Getting "there was a problem parsing package". What a hell?

Checked on 2 devices: Lenovo A606 (Android 4.4) and Lenovo A316 (Android 4.2)

25 minutes ago, Steve Forte Rio said:

As stated in the first post in this thread (the post with the download link) Poweramp v3 needs a minimum spec of Android 5.0, so neither of those devices would be compatible.

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As stated in the first post in this thread (the post with the download link) Poweramp v3 needs a minimum spec of Android 5.0, so neither of those devices would be compatible.

Andre

But the alpha build was compatible with Android 4. How could this be? 

7 minutes ago, Steve Forte Rio said:

But the alpha build was compatible with Android 4. How could this be? 

The release version of v3 (as featured in build 790) has a completely new material design interface, which won't run in earler versions of Android.

Andre

The alpha builds 705 and 706 brocked my open sl hd out... On my 3 devices with android 7.1. 😔

So back to beta 790 and all running fine... Well just waiting for parse .cue files back to beta👍

I love the new app design! 

Couldn't find a way to keep Poweramp notification on audio focus loss. Is it possible?

One more thing. It would be better to return to main activity on pressing back from search and equalizer activities IMO.

Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Been testing it for a few while, got some feedback:

Great audio playback, as always ;), using my Sony Xperia Z5 with HiRes audio.

Liking the new design, though it takes some getting used to.

I've found one bug with the album art display on the lock screen; most of the time it just doesn't work/doesn't show. Though this is more consistent without the new blur feature. And on that note; not that big of a fan of the new blur album art feature on the lock screen, I'd rather just have the zoomed in look as in the older versions of the app (so great that it looks to be optional!). Either that or reduce the amount of blur, that could maybe work.

For now though I'm switching back to the alpha, cause I'm too accustomed to using the queue and artist browser (which are currently missing from the beta). But keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, Seve-s said:

IMG_20180517_204231.jpg

this screenshot from old PA build 704 + marsmallow rom.
it should be 2 images as comparation from marsmallow rom + PA 704 vs on oreo + PA 790, i forgot to add the one from oreo...

PLEASE UPDATE 790 V APP PLEASE PLEASE ADD ALL FEATURES .....

26 minutes ago, pankajjbs said:

PLEASE UPDATE 790 V APP PLEASE PLEASE ADD ALL FEATURES .....

Please be patient. And don't shout.

Andre

drain drain ... if I could eliminate the wakelocks, what could happen? when playing music PA would it turn off?

Screenshot_20180518-180819.png

Screenshot_20180518-181319.png

On 5/5/2018 at 8:28 AM, Mayank Choudhary said:

Download this zip file that I have uploaded below.  

Enjoy 😊

Prjm updated.zip

How to use it?

On 5/17/2018 at 10:44 PM, Steve Forte Rio said:

Can't install the Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk . Getting "there was a problem parsing package". What a hell?

I got this error on Huawei P20 and Mate 10 Pro - both with Oreo (8.1 and 8.0).