Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

18 hours ago, zeroality said:

because even if the DAC is turned on audio is still passed through the android API and not directly via the DAC and I'm 100% sure blackplayer does the same

@andrewilley thanks .  OpenSL ES doesn't fully take advantage of the DAC though ,although only uapp does at this point . I don't expect Poweramp to support MQA lol (still have my doubts about the format) but full 32bit output in the future might be a nice extra. I use Poweramp because it still is the best sounding player on the market . 

Incorrect. The LG music app uses the quad dac. Only with root can you get 3rd party apps to use the quad dac directly. Need to edit build prop.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/30/2018 at 0:36 AM, maxmp said:

Regarding release schedule - May is set as month for a feature-complete Beta release (with the all missing parts finished), and the end of May/beginning of June'18 is the final v3 release planned period. It depends on bugs and specific device issues.

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly or if the new beta with full features will be released soon, after the Alpha was updated yesterday I was confused

3 hours ago, Stevieex23 said:

I don't know if I'm reading this correctly or if the new beta with full features will be released soon, after the Alpha was updated yesterday I was confused

The previous alpha has been updated to 705 to provide a build with all features enabled that would allow for wider testing of Max's updates / fixes to High-res Audio and Notifications. Otherwise, the 790 new-interface build is not really suitable for daily use testing as there are too many standard facilities that are not yet implemented for the new interface and 705 allows for further testing and bug reporting before the rest of the features are supported in main the 790 fork.

Andre

31 minutes ago, peeshow said:

Only 704 alpha starts on my N7100, not working at all 705 and 790 build, simply don't start.

That's a Galaxy Note II isn't it? Has that even got an official upgrade beyond KitKat? (PA v3 will need Android 5.0 or above)

Andre

9 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Incorrect. The LG music app uses the quad dac. Only with root can you get 3rd party apps to use the quad dac directly. Need to edit build prop.

It stands to reason that the stock player bundled with the phone would take full advantage of its hardware , which I never denied . I simply did not see the need to mention it as it should have been obvious.

You do not need root to get 3rd party apps to use the dac directly. I should not have to do your research for you lol. USB Audio Player Pro (which I'm currently using alongside Poweramp) does take full advantage of the dac just like the stock player and is currently the only 3rd party app to support MQA. And yes, it doesn't require root. I'm not attacking you  , just pointing out obvious misinformation which might misguide others.

Also this is veering off topic so I'll stop now haha.

26 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Guess I will have to deal with backwards is acceptable. Alpha is usually first, which means is before beta, and beta is just before finalizing, which is not really what is going on here, in this case. Development process alpha, then beta, then final. We are going, alpha, beta, alpha, beta, not sure if we are getting anywhere closer to final. I mean it took two weeks, just to end up with an update to alpha, instead of beta. Beta is no where closer. Just might look at Blackplayer sooner than I thought.

But wait, i thought 790 was already perfect, for You. At least you have been pointing that out every other post to all the other "whiners" and "complainers." 

I agree that 703/704/705 certainly seem more of a beta build and 790 more of an alpha. But why now complain that Max is helping others with the 705, and threaten to leave to another player? 

12 hours ago, BROKEN said:

If I remember correctly LG stopped  doing this since the V10. The dac should still work if it is enabled just not at it's fullest potential depending on the music player you are using.

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Difference between patience and perfection. Perfection is both looks and audio, with all features too, which is not this beta at all. Since the features are not even there. I can use it as is, I said. Never once said the word perfect. Put in my mouth. What is considered perfect music player is mention on second sentence of this post. Only way to get that, and not a single music player available to android is this way. I am hoping Poweramp would get that way, but not after the alpha fiasco, it won't. Patience is someone that can go without, without a complaint for a long time. I complain too, but not as near as some on here.

Oh, and as for May few beta releases, and final in the beginning of June. Might as well, throw that out now. Half way through May and not one beta update but an alpha one. No way in a cold H*ll a multiple beta updates before June now, and final in June is debatable.

I kind of wondering if this is an affiliation of a Samsung product. I mean with the continued delays, starting here. Samsung likes them.

Off to take a breather now.

Why are you so upset? I think you imagine this the wrong way.

https://goo.gl/images/tdauzC

This is how it looks inside git. Git is a tool that lets you organize your code versions and make collaboration easier. I could imagine him having at least one branch for stable releases, one for playstore beta testers and one he's working on. If you write your code "right", you are able to take pieces out and move them around.

If i understand correctly, he just took one fairly stable feature and attached it to his older code. For testing. This could be beneficial for the project as he can iron out bugs from some places first instead of having to deal with all types of bugs at once. (When you deal with the same code often, you memorize it so you quicker find what needs fixing. Opposite to jumping around through places you haven't touched for weeks.) And the playstore beta club gets new features so it's potentially a win-win.

The 705 will most probably be a legacy version along with v2 now that hi res is working in it.. this enables max to focus solely on v3 now .. i think it was a good move ..as notification as well as hires and other bugs are ironed out from the alpha

6 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

The 705 will most probably be a legacy version along with v2 now that hi res is working in it.. this enables max to focus solely on v3 now .. i think it was a good move ..as notification as well as hires and other bugs are ironed out from the alpha

I agree. Don't think this is a bad thing, he's just finishing up the remaining issues in the alpha. The problems for him or that there are now so many different devices, and Android is maturing now, but with many people also on old devices that will never get a newer OS pushed to them. I can see using my LG v20 for a few more years for sure, even if i move to a new phone, it will be a great music player for awhile longer, as the SQ is good, and the battery is replaceable. 

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Sorry, about the blown fuse. Just tired of Samsung wait for update to Oreo, and it put me off, and took it out on this. I tried the 705 and sounds good with Hi Res but too bad the DVC is not working for Android 7.0, even disabled or on, the volume is low. I rather have DVC disabled until it is fixed, so I do not blow my ears when it does come back for Nougat. Then again, I still might have Oreo by then.

NOTE: Direct Hi-Res does not support DVC for Samsungs @ Android 7 (but Hi-Res + DVC is supported by OpenSL HD for Android 8+, or for Samsungs @ Android 5/6)

705 does sound great on my v20! Amazingly. 

Hey, even though ive said a few things that i didn't like about 790 as a beta, i dont feel that i am a complainer. Nor have i found a better player app. Kind of felt max wanted it more finished before he put it out as it is, but still think he will get it done, and wants it to be great himself. 

Archived