Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JDS said:

Geez, I cannot people are bitching about this and that when he clearly states this is NOT the final version!

Agreed! Everyone was whinging about no releases, saying they would want to have a beta release even if it was not yet fully feature-complete - and now they are whinging when that is exactly what Max has released.

Please do NOT treat this release as a daily-use app yet (like you could have done with the previous alpha) as there are still some operational features that need to be implemented.

Ironically, build 704 could easily have been classed as a beta release, whereas 790 is really more of an alpha for the new user interface. :)

Andre

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

It's possible, though, there are immediate issues with provider names collisions and shared app user. Also, it won't be possible to unlock such app (all the license info derived from v2.0 versions).

I'm going to assume we who have purchased 2.0 would get our 3.0 licensed automatically as well?

5 minutes ago, Olatje said:

I cannot open the file after downloading, tried uninstalling the previous version and still cannot open the file.

Same problem. But downloaded from pc work.

6 minutes ago, Olatje said:

I cannot open the file after downloading, tried uninstalling the previous version and still cannot open the file.

Max, this is truly amazing work! I especially love the new gesture controls in folders. It's way more intuitive than I thought it would be. And the UI as a whole looks incredible! Great job. :)

I miss CUE support, but I understand it's coming in later releases. If I find any bugs I'll be happy to report ?

22 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

It is not available via play store just the forum. This is forum only build.

Sir, Download a apk installer first ;-; 

Then open it and select the apk you downloaded... And it will install. Also, Enable Install via Unknown sources. 

If you still didn't get it, use google and search for a apk installer app

Just got this installed on my G955F S8+ running Oreo (Exynos). Loving the updated UI and finally have decent sound. I can't wait for further development. Keep up the great work mate. Cheers

The UI looks awesome ???

The album art blur customisation is awesome ???

However, the Hi-Res sure starts up and doesn't show errors, there is change of sound, but the sound stage narrows down, bass gets lost and highs hurt and there's a feeling that whole sound signature is messed up .. so I guess it isn't actually working right now.

Still hoping.

I'm using Xiaomi Mi MAX (1st gen) - MIUI 9 android 7.0, global stable, fully stock..

The open sl es hd output works okay, volume level is adequate, so no point in going back either. 

Was the star rating system dropped is on the pipeline for May 2018 ?

Thank you Max.

2 minutes ago, Bobeca said:

Am I the only one that can't save new EQs or assign EQs? Can someone please check it?

Same here. Fortunately they stick by themselves.

Also turning of background blur in lockscreen removes the background completely, not just the blur effect. 

5 minutes ago, mkanlikoyak said:

I waited patiently but I am disappointed. still no hi-res output my Moto Z (Oreo 8.0).

As mentioned in the first post, this is a PREVIEW build, it is not yet feature-complete and lots is still to be added/completed. I would not suggest it for daily use yet.

To be fair, everyone has been badgering and whinging for months that Max should go ahead and release what he's done so far for testing, even if all features are not yet quite complete, and that is exactly what he has now done.

Andre

8 minutes ago, Bobeca said:

Am I the only one that can't save new EQs or assign EQs? Can someone please check it?

Same. But maybe it's not added for now. Let's wait for the later build and some parts are missing as per Max. :)

6 minutes ago, jamaniek said:

Same here. Fortunately they stick by themselves.

Also turning of background blur in lockscreen removes the background completely, not just the blur effect. 

Providing Logs for the same are appropriated :)

Archived