Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

This can be party achieved by using the blur option in the menu.however the one u have in the pic applies to the entire player or just the now playing screen?

These are the options available for the now playing on Blackplayer

6 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

I've been able to spend a lot of time looking at Poweramp's audio output quality.

I put the focus on the Hi Res output.

OpenSL ES HD and Direct Hardware (Exp.) 24-bit.

I came to the conclusion that the OpenSL ES HD output with activated Float32 is the better choice for real Hi Res audio files.

The music was played with a certain spatiality and seemed more lively than the Direct Hardware Output.

But it is just my personal feeling and some people may see it differently.

I tested on an AXON 7 (ANDROID 7) with AUDIO TECHNICA MSR7 (HI RES HEADPHONES)

The sound in general is on top level for both outputs, only for real Hi Res audio files would I prefer the OpenSL ES HD output

Yeah, but did you compare the sound to the default player? The d**m thing still sounds better (and btw I've tried almost every other player, including Neutron, pulsar, AIMP, n7, Jet, onkyo, and a bunch more). With the default player I get better separation of instruments, bigger soundstage, the overall sound is tighter and simply has "THE FIDELITY" we paid for (which most likely happens because the 1s and 0s that reach the DAC are full 32bit/192000hz, and not downsampled/crippled somewhere down the android pipeline)...

I've tried everything, and I just can't get Poweramp to sound as good as the default player. It says that it's outputing to Snapdragon PCM 24-bit, and that most likely is not our AK4490 (which is strange as well, because a ZTE employee said the AK4490 DAC is always used, the super HIFI setting just activates the more powerful AMP and cranks the processing to the full 32bit/192khz). And yes, I know that the feature is experimental and probably doesn't even work yet in the 790 build, as stated. So... I don't know anymore....

I just upgraded my Pixel 2 XL to Android P and Poweramp 790 will no longer keep the screen on while running.  This was working in Oreo.  Other apps with the keep the screen on function (such as Pocket Cast) still work as expected in Android P.

34 minutes ago, Ben Anderson said:

Minor issue, and maybe I'm missing something. Is it possible to play a whole album from the album list? In previous version a long press of album and then play choices would appear. Currently I click the album and then the first song.

I think that will be added when library functions will be restored.. there is a play button at the top of every album though 

On 5/7/2018 at 1:57 AM, andrewilley said:

If a song is mistagged (e.g. artist name spelt wrongly, or text formatted incorrectly/differently) then I'd suggest using a batch tag editor to clean them up. I use TagScanner on my PC for this and it takes seconds, but there are lots around.

As far as I know, Poweramp currently stores only one 'Artist' entry for each song, so it doesn't understand the concept of duets being made up of two or more separate artist names. To be honest it would be hard to do automatically anyway as there is no standard format - a lot of duets are now phrased as "person feat[uring] other person" for example, others have "&", others use "and", others commas, etc - and you wouldn't want your "Crosby, Stills and Nash" example to be split into three one-word artists as they are a single group identity.

There is a tag for Album Artist though, which can be used to ensure songs with multiple different individual artists (for example on a collection album, or a movie soundtrack) are grouped together into one Album display.

Andre

Thank you for explaining that... and taking the time to read my post!

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Try turning off all the Lockscreen options in PA and see if that helps.

Andre

Nope. I've got the same issue. It's one of the settings I have 'on' all the time but it's stopped working with this latest version. Worked on all previous versions.

Galaxy S7 - Superman ROM (based on stock Android 7).

11 minutes ago, dvhttn said:

Nope. I've got the same issue. It's one of the settings I have 'on' all the time but it's stopped working with this latest version. Worked on all previous versions.

Galaxy S7 - Superman ROM (based on stock Android 7).

It definitely works for previous versions but since this is an incomplete alpha the lockscreen is bugged hence Andre is asking for you to turn it off

9 hours ago, perfecious said:

I've tried everything, and I just can't get Poweramp to sound as good as the default player. It says that it's outputing to Snapdragon PCM 24-bit, and that most likely is not our AK4490 (which is strange as well, because a ZTE employee said the AK4490 DAC is always used, the super HIFI setting just activates the more powerful AMP and cranks the processing to the full 32bit/192khz). And yes, I know that the feature is experimental and probably doesn't even work yet in the 790 build, as stated. So... I don't know anymore....

Same here. My LG V30+ sounds a whole lot better using the default player as it uses the Quad DAC perfectly whereas I think PA is changing the music quality before the DAC gets it and it's very noticeable.

@maxmp Sur, I have small doubt that you don't check yourself that feature what you've added to your player? I'd edited one song's info/tag Seen the result in other music players. Nothing have changed as I edited the song's info.. Its amazing what a feature you've added. This feature is there in stable version, and Alpha version of play store. And in your recent build. Can you fix this in next release on Play Store. I still like your app because of it's equilizer. Awesome bass comes from my earphones boAt bassheads 225.

4 hours ago, noremac said:

Journal entry, day 3: Still... stranded... must find.... artists list... *breathes dying breath*

Solution: don't install a test version which clearly says it does not have Artists library view implemented yet. Instead, use either the previous 704 build or the stable v2 release.

Andre

42 minutes ago, Rams225 said:

Can you fix this in next release on Play Store. 

Original features are are currently not yet implemented in the test releases should all be restored and working before there is a final (not beta) release of v3 on the Play Store.

Andre 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Original features are are currently not yet implemented in the test releases should all be restored and working before there is a final (not beta) release of v3 on the Play Store.

Andre 

Max said he would put out a full feature beta before he releases the full version 3.0, unless the bugs draw back the release date, I'm still looking forward to later this month if everything works out, end of May beginning of June deadline for full release is awesome

15 hours ago, perfecious said:

Yeah, but did you compare the sound to the default player? The d**m thing still sounds better (and btw I've tried almost every other player, including Neutron, pulsar, AIMP, n7, Jet, onkyo, and a bunch more). With the default player I get better separation of instruments, bigger soundstage, the overall sound is tighter and simply has "THE FIDELITY" we paid for (which most likely happens because the 1s and 0s that reach the DAC are full 32bit/192000hz, and not downsampled/crippled somewhere down the android pipeline)...

The stock player has some weaknesses. The fact that the tracks are played in alphabetical order and you can not change that makes it useless for me.

Gapeless playback is also not possible.

The AKM DAC is 32bit but set by software to 24bit. But that is not a disadvantage because 32bit Hi Res audio is more of an exception.

The Snapdragon PCM 24bit designation in Poweramp irritates a bit. Although there are devices that use the Snapdragon as an audio DAC but the AXON 7 we have built AKM hardware that cares only about the audio playback.

24bit Direct Hardware Output means that the audio tracks are routed directly to the AKM chips.

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Try turning off all the Lockscreen options in PA and see if that helps.

Andre

Unfortunately this did not help. I am not looking for an immediate fix- just reporting an issue I am seeing in Android P but did not see in Oreo.

Archived