Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

6 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

Like it as is ... Yours looks like a take on Spotifys player..

I think the idea of a suggesting completely different interface is a ship that sailed long, long ago. Max has spent two years (and still counting) of hard work developing this one, and while I'm sure minor tweaks such as button, icon and text positions ought to be possible, a complete revamp simply isn't going to happen.

There was a thread about two years ago suggesting some great ideas for the new UI, but that was not acted upon even then. Max is a developer who definitely marches to the beat of his own drum - and we either march alongside him or join a different band. :)

Andre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, dendinm said:

I see in gsmarena, not mentioned "24 bit / 192khz" on spec information

Very few websites, reviews, or even manufacturer spec sheets seem to mention much about high-res audio at all. Lots of stuff about display specs, radio, etc., but for audio they just tend to mention the headset socket type and list the file types that the default music app supports. It's quite hard to definitively find out what devices support high-res.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Another crystal ball question...  I certainly wouldn't expect it to happen until the beta is at a feature-complete stage for final testing anyway.

Andre

Sorry for my English. I mean beta test in Play Store.

IMG_20180510_123129.jpg

IMG_20180510_123108.jpg

Tested on my Pixel XL 2 running Android P beta

Notification seems to be perfect

Better sound than oreo, the opensl es hd plugin produces better bass on my mdr 1000-x 

The app seems to be near perfect, though i noticed few hiccups,

Hide unknown album doesn't work

sometimes the app freezes and won't open on launch till you remove it from recents 

Perfect job, I'm really happy and thankful that the developer knows his job !

51 minutes ago, M9CO said:

Sorry for my English. I mean beta test in Play Store.

Yes, I realised that. As I said, I don't think Max will open it up for wider Google-issued beta testing until the smaller community here on the forums has ironed out any urgent issues and it is a fully feature-complete test build. After all, he doesn't want a load of beta testers for whom it just popped up automatically via Google complaining that Artists, Playlists, etc don't work.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I think the idea of a suggesting completely different interface is a ship that sailed long, long ago. Max has spent two years (and still counting) of hard work developing this one, and while I'm sure minor tweaks such as button, icon and text positions ought to be possible, a complete revamp simply isn't going to happen.

There was a thread about two years ago suggesting some great ideas for the new UI, but that was not acted upon even then. Max is a developer who definitely marches to the beat of his own drum - and we either march alongside him or join a different band. :)

Andre

True that .  we should trust him. After all its his app and it is business for him .and im sure a lot of thought must have into the new ui too

4 hours ago, Mohitgoyal said:

Hi whenever I adjust volume in the Poweramp amp there is a slight pause in the music. I am not sure if its because of the bug in new version or some settings which I need to change.

Yes. I have something similair. When i change the volume using the rocker switches, the volume goes down, then off and then adjusts as if there were two volume controls being used st the same time - or focus changing from PA back to OS and then back to PA.

22 minutes ago, darkblak said:

Yes. I have something similair. When i change the volume using the rocker switches, the volume goes down, then off and then adjusts as if there were two volume controls being used st the same time - or focus changing from PA back to OS and then back to PA.

That almost sounds like you have your volume beep on ur phone set to urgent or something, mine doesn't do this, although it does lower volume when any notification happens even with the setting in Poweramp set to not lower volume

On 5/2/2018 at 4:20 PM, andrewilley said:

Try turning off all the Lockscreen options in PA settings.

Andre

Turning off??? Like the complete opoosite?? 

Edit: holy crap that did fix it! Turn all them lockscreen options off!

I've had a couple of issues lately. The widget album artwork gets out of sync with song actually playing and sometimes a song will repeat once or twice. 

Had to stop using the app. Uninstalled. Will look at it again after next update.

43 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Yup, 'off' would be the complete opposite of 'on' :)

Andre

Lol I said it like that cuz I had all them bitches on haha, thinking that was the issue of why it was doing that? never crossed my mind to turn it off

• First off I would like to say that I absolutely love the new update. It stands out from the rest of the competition out there (even from the beginning) but I think ui can finally now be added to Poweramp's long list of first-class features. 
  • Now I would like to touch on some suggestions
  1. When in the list view, have the album art of the songs loaded beforhand in a cache of some sort or at least save them once loaded so it doesn't reload every time (sorry I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to all this jargon)
  2. After searching for a song and pressing on a track to play, automatically dismiss the keyboard
  3. I hope to see an option to choose how users want their background to be like. A good example would be Blackplayer, they have the best looking now playing screens. (See attached image)
  4. Hoping to see the feature to go to a list of songs from the related artist, album etc. page from the now playing page (an old feature already present in previous versions) just a bit confused because it should at least be there even if it isn't fully functional

SmartSelect_20180510-205809_BlackPlayer EX.jpg

minor issue report: whenever i tap the screen to stop it from scrolling, the song that i tapped immediately played instead of just stop the scroll. Note that i tapped on the white space, not the song title.

to reproduce:

1. in the tracks list, slide finger up to make the screen scroll down a few lines at once.

2. to stop the scroll, i tap the white space on screen.

but it doesn't just stop the scroll, it also played the nearest song. I have to tap & hold to avoid this.

-----

minor suggestion: the UI is superb on everything, i just want to propose options to customize the look of track list. The options to disable album art thumbnail and not displaying album name would be great. As it is now, it looks like it take too much space.

Installed on V20.  Seems to work OK.  Only a couple of problems noticed:

1. Dark mode only affects settings; album or song list still remain in light mode;

2. Widget buttons work however pressing on the song name which normally brings you to the app and song list no longer works.  Tapping the song currently playing in the widget does nothing.

I am using Huawei p9 lite and the app is running good but the saving equalizer settings button is not working and the hi rez output is not working some time's the app just closed by it self that is all hoping the next bug update will fix it thx.

26 minutes ago, riblee said:

A veces, cuando presiono hacia atrás y salgo de la aplicación, la reproducción se detiene por completo (la finalización de la aplicación con el botón Atrás está desactivada en las opciones de desarrollador). Usando Lineageos 15.1 en Xiaomi Mi5s.

The same thing happens to me, but sometimes in My A1 with Oreo.

3 hours ago, exclaw said:
  • First off I would like to say I absolutely love the new update. It stands out from the rest of the competition out there (even from the beginning) but I think ui can finally now be added to Poweramp's long list of first-class features. 
  • Now I would like to touch on some suggestions
  1. When in the list view, have the album art of the songs loaded beforhand in a cache of some sort or at least save them once loaded so it doesn't reload every time (sorry I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to all this jargon)
  2. When pressing on a track to play, automatically dismiss the keyboard
  3. I hope to see an option to choose how users want their background to be like. A good example would be Blackplayer, they have the best looking now playing screens. (See attached image)
  4. Hoping to see the feature to go to a list of songs from the related artist, album etc. page from the now playing page (an old feature already present in previous versions) just a bit confused because it should at least be there even if it isn't fully functional

SmartSelect_20180510-205809_BlackPlayer EX.jpg

This can be party achieved by using the blur option in the menu.however the one u have in the pic applies to the entire player or just the now playing screen?

I've been able to spend a lot of time looking at Poweramp's audio output quality.

I put the focus on the Hi Res output.

OpenSL ES HD and Direct Hardware (Exp.) 24-bit.

I came to the conclusion that the OpenSL ES HD output with activated Float32 is the better choice for real Hi Res audio files.

The music was played with a certain spatiality and seemed more lively than the Direct Hardware Output.

But it is just my personal feeling and some people may see it differently.

I tested on an AXON 7 (ANDROID 7) with AUDIO TECHNICA MSR7 (HI RES HEADPHONES)

The sound in general is on top level for both outputs, only for real Hi Res audio files would I prefer the OpenSL ES HD output

Archived