• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

1,485 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Nicz said:

Try turning on the Wakelock in the Settings>Misc>Tweaks>Use Wakelock not sure if it'll work though.

Already done but Still

Screenshot_20180430-110447.png

Thank you Max! Hi-Res output is perfectly working on my Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL with Android 7.0 version.

One problem is the Audio Focus function. When a notification coming in, Poweramp just stopped outputting the audio but the play animation (waves thingy) just keep running.

But i'm so glad that Poweramp can do Hi-Res Output on my phone right now. Thank you Max for your hard work. Cheers!

NB: the only temporary solution is change your phone sound to vibrate only.

I installed over 704 on my Axon 7 (android 7.1.1), and it was crashed everytime on startup. Clearing data for the app worked. So, it seems there is some issue with upgrading settings.

I do update without uninstalling the old one and when i click recently added song it crashed, maybe i should uninstall the previous version first

Widget works for the most part, but can't double tap to open the full app.

1 minute ago, dumahim said:

Widget works for the most part, but can't double tap to open the full app.

Same

2 minutes ago, Yudhis said:

I do update without uninstalling the old one and when i click recently added song it crashed, maybe i should uninstall the previous version first

He did say most library functions dont work, so I think "Recently Added" is part of that

Works great on One Plus 5 been waiting for something like this for ages. Ik its not done and artists section isnt working yet but its perfectly usable for me for now. Thank you :)

With the artist tab i would like it a lot of you also added pictures each artist although its not rly necessary just a wish from me

I'm getting sound through other output devices even when using a wired headset. Oppo f3 plus (android 6.0.1)Screenshot_2018-04-30-10-59-08-04.thumb.png.edb493daa156e1f5bc21c0cce5b6038f.png

Work fine on Samsung S9+ Exynos and LG V20 /H990-DS , Thank you Max.

17112.jpg

61083.jpg

Unable to install this app file in my case, showing "Can't open file". Anyone knows what's going on?

Just now, jingw222 said:

Unable to install this app file in my case, showing "Can't open file". Anyone knows what's going on?

I had the same problem when trying to download the file directly with my phone.  I had to download it on my computer and put it in the download folder manually, then it worked.

In picture it shows DVC not supported with it grayed out and no way to turn it on or off. S7 Edge Snapdragon USA, and I had no problems on Alpha 704. Does not anyone care about this. I have said it multiple times now. I am just going to give up, if no one cares at all.

Screenshot_20180429-235519.png

Thank you for releasing the beta max. 

Using OP3 everything works (well not sure about 192khz because as you said it's saying it's playing at hi res but might actually not? :confused: 😁) 

Posted (edited)

Hi Max,

Nav Bar is invisible in settings activity when you set dark theme for settings. 

It's basically black nav bar on black background. SystemUI color must be set to light on change to dark theme

Screenshot_20180430-112850.thumb.png.e254633bb9326e0d834f5033c86a1b65.png

EDIT:  More info on my device. Running Stock Android 8.1 on my Google Pixel.
Installed the apk over the previous installation of Poweramp from the play store i.e 703

Edited by kaushiknadig
More info

Some odd reason Poweramp doesn't send, or whatever it's meant to, album art to KLWP for showing in bitmap shapes :/ hopefully that's just temporary, I've got album art in all my KLWP setups....now they're stuck on the last track played in Sammy music XD

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software, not ready for day-to-day usage, nor it's close in quality to the previous Alpha release

Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete: most library categories, list/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, no landscape nor tablet layouts, no custom lockscreen, etc.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Max, really thanks, your work is so awesome.

Se que no se puede escribir en español pero desde el fondo de mi corazón te agradezco, has hecho un excelente trabajo y lo mínimo que puedo hacer es crearme una cuenta y darte las gracias.

Edit.- i have redmi note 4 (global) 3+32, MIUI WEEKLY ROM (Android 7) AND work PERFECT!

REALLY THANKS, A HUG FROM MÉXICO 👌💪🙌

wonderful!!!

Once again Poweramp shows that it is and still is the best audio player on mobile devices.

Max, congratulations for your valuable work.