Tracks from ejected/unmounted SD cards will be removed from Folders/Library and Playlists

I've noticed I'm missing music. My SD card gets unmounted from time to time for no apparent reason and I'm wondering if that would cause this issue or not? Like does it delete the file on the SD card or is it just Poweramp not being able to recognize it? This comes up when I press full rescan.

When your sdcard is no longer mounted, Poweramp and android will rescan and as it no longer can find the tracks on the card, these will be removed from the media databases and so your playlists are no longer valid. Once the card is remounted, the reverse process takes place but the tracks will be treated as newly found tracks . Exporting your playlsts as .m3u8 will preserve them, even after a sdcard removal.

However, the above does not remove tracks themselves. It could be though that when your device disconnects the sdcard, some corruption takes place and some tracks are lost. Have a look in the LOST.DIR folder on the sdcard as this is where android will write corruptions.

Archived