ENABLE DITHER!!!

Abolfazl Ghorbani

Hi.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys...

I have a pair of cheap speakers for my pc, they don't sound bad at all but nothing special...

I mostly listen to heavier music anything that doesn't sound like crap *cough* modern pop and rap *cough*

All of my music is in lossless format...

But most of the times I was using my headphones because... EVERYTIME I tried to attach my speaker to my phone and listen to some damn songs through speakers... using ANY PLAYER (I've tried all the popular ones) with ANY SETTINGS... There was this very very annoying noise playing along... something like a very heavy but annoying bass that overshadowed everything in song and just pissed me off... I tried a hundred times but no luck...

So after ALL THIS TIME... I was goofing around in Poweramp alpha settings... found this option called Dither... saying to myself: hey let's try this option too huh?

So I turned off EQ and Tone, set the resampling to SOX and chose the Improved-e-weighted noise shaping and played a song and...

HOLY F***ing S***!!!

THAT ANNOYING NOISE WAS GONE!

AND THE QUALITY JUST BLEW MY MIND!

...!

So yeah... if you have NOISE problem in your music like me... JUST ENABLE THE DITHERING BY CHOOSING IMPROVED-E-WEIGHTED OPTION!

lol

Archived