App crashing

Abhishekn

A number of people have reported that Samsung's recent Oreo update has broken something, but installing an older version of PA (using the APKs from the Downloads tab above) and then installing the current alpha build (703 or 704) over it, seems to help. See http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/10136-poweramp-v3-project-update-please-read-first-post-for-latest-info-before-commenting/?do=findComment&comment=46623

Andre

10 hours ago, Phantom Phreak said:

Hello, my Samsung S8+ has been upgraded to Oreo 8.0 and my Poweramp is crashing to a black screen. I tried uninstalling and re-installing it to no avail. I wonder if the new Alpha version will fix this issue.

I was having the same problem. I have AT&T Galaxy S8+ and updated to Oreo 8.0 a few days ago. Poweramp worked fine for about a day maybe, then the dreaded black screen appeared everytime I tried to launch app. After literally spending hours on this forum trying to figure out how to fix I was so disappointed I almost cried because nothing suggested had worked. In a last ditch effort to save my sanity and Poweramp I uninstalled one last time. THEN I reinstalled, but this time I moved it over to my SD Card instead of keeping on internal storage....HOLEY CRAP YOU GUYS!!!! IT FRIGGIN WORKED!! Uninstall all versions of Poweramp, restart phone, install ur Pro paid version from play store, move to SD card after install, then open, click on link inside app for Bata Test, download, move to SD card, then open and enjoy the best music player app ever made! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works for you....and that your device has the option of an SD card ?

Good luck!! 

Archived