No smart cover functionality for HUAWEI P9 (Android 7.0 Nougat + EMUI 5.0)

VeilSIde

I've recently updated my HUAWEI P9 from Android 6.0 + EMUI 4.0 to Android 7.0 + EMUI 5.0 and noticed that smart flip cover controls are not there anymore. When I flip my smart leather cover there is no album art or any controls showing on the screen. However lock screen controls are present. This was such a neat feature which worked perfectly when my phone was running on Android 6.0 + EMUI 4.0

This is the smart cover I am talking about: a.jpg

On 4/3/2018 at 7:25 AM, clever_man said:

@VeilSIde, before update it's worked fine?

Yes mate, didn't have any issues back then. I've even did a factory reset on my phone and reinstalled Poweramp but with no avail.

Lock screen controls are there but look completely different and are difficult to use compared to default music player's app lock screen controls.

Before the firmware update (when my phone was running on Android 6.0) Poweramp player displayed the "full screen cover art" style lock screen which I preferred as well as it had functionality for the Smart Flip Cover.

I seem to recall Max mentioning that custom lock screens within Poweramp would no longer be a feature in v3, and if that's the case that would put everything back in the hand's of the device OS, which should work out better for these sort of manufacturer-specific options.

Andre

Why would he scrap such a neat feature, there's quite a few other phones which support smart view covers.

Strangely the older version of Poweramp stopped working with my smart cover after I went to Android 7.0 but it did work perfectly at the time when I was running on Android 6.0. I went to V3 alpha release in hope that it would be fixed.

I didn't say smart view covers were being scrapped, as those are up to the Android OS for each particular device to support. What I said was that I thought PA would no longer have a custom lockscreen of its own, but just use Android's lockscreen features.  

Andre

Archived