Playlist entries pointing to TRASH

jaja714

For years, I have been using Poweramp to listen to music and I am sure to continue doing so well into the future.

On my PC, I record and mix music in a studio and then rely on GoogleDriveSync to put new and updated songs and playlists to the cloud.  From my phone, I use DriveAutoSync to transfer that new and updated content to the SD card on my phone and then I use Poweramp to review the new content while I work out at the gym.

All was working well until recently.  When I update a song that is part of a playlist, the new version of the song does not become part of the playlist.  Rather, the playlist points to the old version of the song in an Android folder called "trash".  My research shows that the Android system does not have any sort of recycle bin so, how did this "trash" folder get there?  Further, why are only music files appearing in "trash"?

So, is Poweramp somehow creating and managing this "trash" folder?  If not, does anyone with more knowledge than me know who might be creating and managing this "trash" folder?

NOTE: I've also confirmed by looking at the playlist on the SD card itself and confirmed that the playlist does not refer to any files in "trash".  That is why I think this is internal to Poweramp.

Oh my ... I had no idea there was a setting like that in Poweramp.  I will try it but, still, I've been using Poweramp for years on the same phone.  Why am I suddenly seeing this problem if this setting has been "too broad" all this time?  

NOTE: how do make sure I turn off the option "Auto-Find Music Folders"?  It's not entirely clear whether or not this is truly off.

Correct, auto-find is a one-off command to be run on request, not an ongoing option to be enabled or disabled.

Just untick everything in the Music Folders top level list, and then tick only the folder (or folders) that you actually want Poweramp to scan. You might then need to do a Full Rescan. 

Andre

Archived