Playlist Improvements

So two improvements to the playlist I'd like to see are multi-select and better recursive playlist support.

Multiselect is obvious, tap an icon, select all the songs in the new album you just added and drag all them all to the proper point in a given list, which is pretty handy for a mid-sized playlist(300-3k songs).

For larger lists, even this can be time consuming, so I'd also like to see some improved recursive playlist support. What I mean by this is, right now, I can make a playlist from other playlists, but all that does is add the songs. What I'd prefer to see is the ability to have a "master playlist" of sorts, that knows which playlists were used to build it, and can check those lists to see if they've been changed, and auto-update accordingly. This way, instead of tying to drag, for example, a new Carpenter Brut album to it's proper place in the list, I could just add it to the "Carpenter Brut" playlist, and then the master playlist will update and add those songs right where I'd want them; after the the last Carpenter Brut album, but before Dance With The Dead, which is in the Synthwave section some thousand songs into a 5k+ playlist.

I'd like Playlists to be able to include group items too, in the same way as your second point, so you could add a folder-name to a playlist (or a Genre, or whatever) rather than adding its current individual contents. Then as the contents change, the playlist would alter dynamically. I suspect we'll have quite a wait though, as such features are not in the base spec of M3U etc formats.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Archived