No more gapless

Kingog

Gapless is still present in the v3 alpha tests, but Cut Silence is not (so your files really do have to be encoded as truly gapless to play without a glitch). I believe this was an omission and that it will be restored before the final release of PA v3 though. Otherwise, please revert to the stable build (588) which does support this.

Andre

Thank you for your response, Andre.  Could you help me understand the difference between Gapless and Cut Silence?  When I listen to my music on WMP, for example, there are no gaps between songs intended to blend in to one another.

Gapless means one song follows directly on from the end of the previous song file, however if there is any silence at the start or finish of the track that will be played too. Cut Silence also looks for digital zero (or near enough) at the start or finish of each track and skips past that so you should only hear selections with any volume. If two tracks are meant to run seamlessly together, sometimes you will find there is a tiny bit of silence encoded at the end so you hear a tiny glitch as that is played between the musical passages. Adjusting the crossfade value can help with that.

Andre

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived