Poweramp V3 feature request.

Karan Singh

I'm testing the beta release of Poweramp v3 which is currently in development by the developer.

I would like to request some extra features for the app:

Virtual Surround Sound

In  Poweramp v3. I would like to have a feature for Virtual Surround sound, which may have come with a sliding knob to set the 3D sound effect's intensity and also with some presets like Virtual 5.1ch and Virtual 7.1ch, and both of them offer a surround sound experience like a 5.1 channel speaker system and a 7.1 channel speaker system respectively, the surround can be experienced on headphones only, hence the feature will work only when the headphones are plugged in.

The Samsung music app already offers these features. 

After I bought Poweramp I miss the virtual surround feature. I have very high hopes form you! The developer of this magical app!

Visualiser

The developer had already introduced the most awaited feature of the app, the Visualiser. 

However I would like to draw attention to the design and feel of the visualiser. The themes of the Visualiser provided in the app aren't that much soothing to eyes, they actually make the eye kind of stressed out when watched for some 2-3 songs continuously. 

The suggestion is to keep the design of the Visualiser themes to be minimalistic. Sony's music app which no longer exists 'Walkman' had some nice minimalistic visualiser in it of which I'm talking about here. 

I'm attaching a reference image for the visualiser.

3204112_5001.jpg

31 minutes ago, Karan Singh said:

What about 3D sound? 

Dolby libraries and plethora of mods are out there at your disposal for enhancing (is so bad) the sound with 3D effect, or anything that closely resembles it. However, multi-channel emulation/convertion of stereo audio is a terrible idea, regardless. You've got to have DTS ready files or DVD-A rips with the multi-channel support to make use of it, otherwise you would fall for a marketing gimmick. Although, Poweramp will not produce 5.1 or 7.1 surround due to the simple reason - it does output sound to the primary thread submix, and would merge all channels down to stereo. 

Archived