Playlist issues

I just bought Poweramp Pro and I am having issues with the playlist. First, when I select the playlist I would select a song, then when the next song plays it would change to all songs list. Also when I look at the list it would list some playlist as not loaded. Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Could you explain in more detail? Where are these playlists from, external files generated by another app or system, or did you create them within Poweramp itself using the "Add to Playlist" feature?

When you play a song from within the Library Playlist view, the default action at the end of the song should be to continue on to the next song in the same playlist until this list is finished, then it should continue on to the next playlist it has available. The follow-on action can be controlled by the Repeat icon in lower-left corner of the artwork area in the Player screen (Advance List is the default mode, which moves on to the next list once the last song in the current list is finished).

Andre

Thank you Andrewilly, for your response. Okay, let me try and explain this a clearing as I can. the playlist was originally created with ios I transferred the playlist with a software call Synctunes to m Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. my other music players see and play the playlist just fine. I, however, fix the issues of the playlist not loaded yet. All I had to do was open each playlist and close it and open another and the tracks were listed in the playlist. Now as for the playlist songs, not continuing in the playlist and I figured it out just as you said I had to change the next song icon that interweaves with the playlist. So thank you for your help and kudos to you.

Phantom Phreak

Hey Andre, yes the playlist is working great I didn't know there were more options on that icon. most don't have that, you just tap it once and it mixes your music. Okay, the reason I am writing you is the playlist I had to import Poweramp playlist in order to get rid of the not loaded yet playlist. It ended up making two playlists of the same songs but with the second list with the not loaded yet is under the File-based playlist which had no songs numbered in the playlist. I hope this makes some sense because it sounds confusing to me lol. So I ended up deleting the duplicate list with the not loaded yet. However, I have the File-based playlist at the bottom of the playlist and I can't seem to remove it. It not hurting anything from what I can tell. The songs play just like it suppose to. Any ideas on this little thing? Again thank you for all your help.

Phantom Phreak

Sounds like you may have had a file-based playlist (e.g. an .M3U file) which PA can read but not find the songs if the path information contained within it does not match your devices's directory structure. However PA has imported the same data from the Android library as an 'internal' playlist which is now working (perhaps Android was able to find the song files?). If so, try removing the .M3U file from the device (or rename it as .BAK or something) and the extra 'file-based' copy should disappear on the next rescan.

Andre

3 hours ago, Phantom Phreak said:

Okay, this may sound funny where on the device do I look to find PA and the playlist files?

Erm, your music and playlists will be wherever you put them, it's your device.

I have a folder on my SD Card called MusicFolders, and all my music folders (artists, albums, podcasts, TV & Film soundtrack folders, etc) are in there, with any playlists located in the root of the relevant music location. But it's entirely up to you how you organise your own music.

Andre

Archived