• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Paul151

Poor quality music playing

5 posts in this topic

Recently my playback of my music files has deteriorated. They all sound distorted at high end of scale.I don't know if this is a memory card issue. I have tried using different music players and the issue is still present.

If it's with multiple players I would suspect something either in the phone hardware or an Android update of some sort. Does it sound better or worse through headphones and/or bluetooth?

Andre

It seems worse on headphones. I have tried different headphones but still same problem. I am using Samsung j3 2017.There was an update about three weeks ago and this problem seemed to start after that.

I have carried out a factory reset of my device. I have also changed my Micro sd card .I uploaded my music to pc then downloaded onto new sd card.There is still a problem with distorted music.i have looked on eBay help regarding playing music files on mp3 players .They have described this problem exactly. They gave information there was  problem with files. A compression setting   being below 128 kb.They advised recompressing files again and changing playback settings to above 128 kb on compression.

Any help with would be great.

Compression artefacts won't change with an Android update, it's more likely to be something in the audio path. 128K is a bit on the low side for MP3s in this day and age where storage space is less of an issue, but not that should suddenly make your music distorted. Don't ever recompress the same files though (no good can ever come from that) but you might want to try re-ripping them from the original sources at a higher bitrates.

You could also try turning DVC mode off, but this does seem to be more of an Android firmware issue than a PA problem.

Andre