Quick-fix for notification on Android Oreo 8.1 (v1.40)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@clever_man first, thanks for this awesome app. However, I have some question:

1. What is "set auto cancel timeout" setting for?

2. After reboot, I always get a dialog box saying that the app crash. I have to manually restart the service. Is it a known issue? I read in this thread that the app should be started automatically after reboot?

Btw in case you need my device detail, I use redmi note 4 snapdragon (mido), with official LOS 15.1 ROM, magisk, systemless xposed are installed.

11 hours ago, eliezerjk said:

1. What is "set auto cancel timeout" setting for?

It's settings for cancel notification after you press pause button.

11 hours ago, eliezerjk said:

2. After reboot, I always get a dialog box saying that the app crash.

It's weird. I will try install LOS 15.1 to my Nexus 6P and check this issue but it will not be soon (haven't much time now).

P.S. Which version of PA are you using?

9 hours ago, clever_man said:

It's settings for cancel notification after you press pause button.

It's weird. I will try install LOS 15.1 to my Nexus 6P and check this issue but it will not be soon (haven't much time now).

P.S. Which version of PA are you using?

Hey thanks for the answer. I use the last stable version of PA (v2.0.10). It might be also worth to note that the first build of LOS 15.1 is just came out last week (some bug can be expected), so to be honest I'm not 100% sure whether it's ROM or app issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!.

I received an email with a link to this forum, after posting a negative review on the Google Play Store due to the problems I have with Poweramp under Android O 8.1.

I'm not salty or something, but, what's the point of installing a second app, in order for another one to properly work?.

Does this means that Poweramp will not ever be updated anymore?.

I have bought Neutron Player and it's doing a great job... I will return to Poweramp if it ever gets fixed and updated, because I've always loved Poweramp.

9 minutes ago, clever_man said:

@CONIN, the new version in alfa state. If you want get it, you must to subscribe on beta test on Google Play or just download apk from this site.

If I install the alpha, will it keep my license?.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This app works fine, thanks clever_man.

A little bug I found: The pause button on notification it's bug, when I pause in the button, the pause symbol not change to play symbol, but the function of play/pause works fine. I use Poweramp v. 2.0.10-build-588-play with your Poweramp Notification Helper 1.40 and Android 8.1.0 with Xiaomi Mi A1.

I attach two screenshots with the problem.

PowerAMP Paused.jpg

PowerAMP Playing.jpg

Edited by karballo
More datta of system for the developer

On 7/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, CONIN said:

Hi!, is there an estimated date for this fixed Poweramp to be available in the Google Play stable release, instead of having it on the Beta?.

Thanks!.

Some time yet I would expect, there isn't even a feature-complete version of build 790 yet, and even once that is released it will need some further beta-testing time before it can be released as a stable v3. For now, trying using test build 709 which I find is more stable than a lot of app's final releases.

Andre