• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
clever_man

Quick-fix for notification on Android Oreo 8.1 (v1.40)

129 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Repo97 said:

I did get an email from Poweramp support and they will be fixing this bug eventually in a new update. Not sure when. 

It should be fixed in the next beta-test release, which the dev has recently said will come out this month.

Andre

For me whenever my phone is locked my headset controls won't work, it won't play or pause or anything. I know its not the headphones or the rom because other music players respond fine to it. I tried installing this app to no avail. Anyone else with this issue?

On 4/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, Styphoryte said:

For me whenever my phone is locked my headset controls won't work, it won't play or pause or anything. I know its not the headphones or the rom because other music players respond fine to it. I tried installing this app to no avail. Anyone else with this issue?

vous devez définir l'optimisation de la batterie pour "ne pas optimiser" pour l'application

you need to set the optimization of the battery for "do not optimize" for the application

13 minutes ago, tophe42 said:

you need to set the optimization of the battery for "do not optimize" for the application

It's also worth checking that Keep Service, and Use Wakelock, are both ticked in Settings > Misc > Tweaks

Andre

I tried both the battery optimization and the wakelock and keep service but it still doesn't work. :'( I'm just going to have to deal with Phonograph until the new version comes out.

@clever_man, I found a bug with your notification helper on Oreo. Thanks for your work! 

1.When I change songs rapidly, it prompts “Poweramp notification helper has stopped  working”(maybe not exactly, I am a Chinese user)

2.When this prompted, the controls still working, but the notification stop updating. (It still can switch A song to B, but the animation stopped changing.) 

3.After restart the server or re-open the application, it works again. 

4.Even I didn't switch songs that fast, this bug still there, but in a very low frequency. 

Maybe soon I won't need this anymore, but who knows :-P

Again, thank you for your effort to build this App, it helps.

@ZeroJRE, I can't replied this bug and never got message about FC. What is your device?

@clever_man, My device is ZUK Z2 Pro, with AEX 5.4 rooted by magisk 16.0 with Xposed Framework 90-beta3. If you want more information I would like to sand you an email instead of posting here.

Just after a few hours I saw the news about v3 beta, which is posted by you. I think I can wait for v3 release and have a try. I hope v3 can really fix most of annoying bugs and we don't need this anymore.

Thank you.

Just got sent this via PA support, and it works flawlessly. Thank you so much - was a massive missing feature on my newly flashed OnePlus 5T on 8.1 - thanks a ton

On 4/2/2018 at 0:31 AM, DEEPAK C N said:

Whether this notification issue (Oreo 8+ version Notification issue) will be fixed in next update. If yes, then when we will receive the update message.

Waiting for your reply

@clever_man

Огромное спасибо. Превосходный костылёчек, всё работает.

Ok but I have a Samsung Galaxy J3   7.0? Would that make a difference? Plus I read that since Poweramp is still in beta testing some features may not be operating correctly yet. 

Brilliant work! Thank you for this fix. I was pulling my hair out before this!

On 5/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, Jayson Rodriguez said:

Ok but I have a Samsung Galaxy J3   7.0? Would that make a difference? Plus I read that since Poweramp is still in beta testing some features may not be operating correctly yet. 

If you have Android nougat (7.0), you don't need this. The built-in notification for Poweramp doesn't work on Android Oreo, but it should work on every other version of Android.

Awesome, works smoothly on BQ Aquaris X Pro with Android 8.1. Thanks a lot! 

So really funny story. Im running Android P Public Beta on my Pixel 2 XL and all the controls are now back to normal. Poweramp version Alpha-build-703. Here are the screenshots

poweramp (1).jpg

Hey clever man the player stops frequently when the screen is turned off . Is there any solution for this problem 

1 hour ago, tonychest1996 said:

Hey clever man the player stops frequently when the screen is turned off . Is there any solution for this problem 

I suspect this is nothing to do with this app, might be better to check the main threads (assuming you are using one of the beta releases of PA?).

Andre