Quick-fix for notification on Android Oreo 8.1 (v1.40)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, clever_man said:

@Sylvo, just tried to download - all good. Can you try another browser to download? I have no ability upload to gdrive at this moment, maybe later or tomorrow.

Thx man it finally worked when I tried with chrome. Great job on the app.

I hope that you will add the color changing ability to the app.( Like the one from the screenshot) 

All the best ?

Screenshot_20180228-205251.png

5 hours ago, clever_man said:

@Sylvo, just tried to download - all good. Can you try another browser to download? I have no ability upload to gdrive at this moment, maybe later or tomorrow.

I was having the same problem with chrome where it says "cannot open file", but figured out if you go to ES File Explorer and install the apk from there it works.

As people have already said this app works.

However could it be possible to make an option it to open the now playing window instead of the playing album view like it now does. 

I get that someone might like how it behaves now, but having a option to make it behave like it does on the player's own notification would not hurt anyone. 

14 minutes ago, clever_man said:

v1.17

1. Option to open main screen

@atomi, try last version.

Thx man it finally worked like it's supposed to in Oreo* but it still doesn't change color according to the album art like it's supposed.

I hope that you will add it soon ?

3 minutes ago, clever_man said:

@Sylvo, I don't know how to realize it now and I need more time for study it. I hope in near future we will get beta, I contacted with Max and he said that it already implemented.

Thx again man I really appreciate what u doing and u hope that beta comes out Soo ?

Keep up with the good work and all the best?

Can you do something about notification priority? For me it gets lost in between other notifications. Give it top priority by default so that it would remain at the top all the time.

6 hours ago, Bon said:

Can you do something about notification priority?

The notification priorite is max but the notification channel has a low impoprtance because with a more high importance we get a sound when notification updated (Track changed, playing status changed). I can increase an importance but you manualy must disable sound for a channel. I think I find solution. If it's work it will be implemented in the next version.

4 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

.ive been fine with using the Poweramp lock screen thing

You meaning PA Lockscreen? It's developed for Android 2.x isn't updated for the future version of Android and will be completely removed from the next version of Poweramp.

14 hours ago, Bon said:

Can you do something about notification priority?

Unfortunately I can't do anything. Started with Oreo notification importance is deprecated and now using priority from a notification channel. Good news - you can manuly change a priority for a channel, bad news - if you set priority urgent notification will be with heads-up and nothing doing with it.

8 hours ago, clever_man said:

The notification priorite is max but the notification channel has a low impoprtance because with a more high importance we get a sound when notification updated (Track changed, playing status changed). I can increase an importance but you manualy must disable sound for a channel. I think I find solution. If it's work it will be implemented in the next version.

You meaning PA Lockscreen? It's developed for Android 2.x isn't updated for the future version of Android and will be completely removed from the next version of Poweramp.

Thanks a lot

On 3/3/2018 at 4:32 AM, clever_man said:

I do notice this notification helper app...does sometimes see more persistent than the app. As when i close the app, the notification still is present and it has come back a few times even after i press the X.

"You meaning PA Lockscreen? It's developed for Android 2.x isn't updated for the future version of Android and will be completely removed from the next version of Poweramp."

HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA! :P

The next version........like the current version is a alpha build from over 2yrs ago!   Wont see a new version for long time if EVER!. 

4 minutes ago, speedingcheetah said:

As when i close the app, the notification still is present and it has come back a few times even after i press the X.

It's weird. Notification can appear when you connect\disconnect a headset, when you press X it must always close.