Will lists and albums save after reinstalling?

Hello guys. Sorry for my broken English but I have a question. Lately I was disappointed in the disappearing of my settings button (I know that's an old topic, but still there was no solution for me). So 1 year ago I was experimenting with Poweramp settings and found the setting called "no status bar" (or smt like that I don't really remember). When I pressed it my bottom bar disappeared and I never saw settings button to this day. Today I decided to fix it by re-installing the app. So here the question. Will my lists and albums remain? Or after the re-installing I need to create them again? Thank you for your answers

Albums will remain (they are based on tags in your music files) but any internally created playlists will be lost, so you should export them to physical M3U (actually M3U8) files first.

Or why not try installing the alpha-test release of Poweramp v3 (build 704) as that does not have an option to remove menus so the problem should go away anyway.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Albums will remain (they are based on tags in your music files) but any internally created playlists will be lost, so you should export them to physical M3U (actually M3U8) files first.

Or why not try installing the alpha-test release of Poweramp v3 (build 704) as that does not have an option to remove menus so the problem should go away anyway.

Andre

Thank you Andre. I didn't know that v3 is open for everyone. Definitely will try it. 

So I guess non of the 2 v3 builds works on my phone. After installing 703 build version my Poweramp stoped working. My screen just goes black for less than a second when I try to open it and nothing happens. Same for 704 build. I guess it is too late to export my files. What should I do Andre? I will be waiting for your answer first. 

You could try to reinstall v2 over v3 again, but it does say in the 'accept download' page (in bold red text) to backup before installing the alpha release. Sadly reverting to the stable release normally requires an uninstall/reinstall (sometimes installing the alpha works better as a clean install too, which I suspect may be the case for you).

I don't suppose you have a Titanium Backup or similar from before your installation? You could also try TheoKlink's 'New Playlist Manager' app (from Google Play) first though, and see if it can still read the PA database and extract your old playlists. 

Andre

That's strange but when I reinstalled my Poweramp the current version became v3 build 704 and it's working fine for me. I thought google play will download v2 again. So I guess I will recreate my playlists.  Anyway thank you for your help and I have a last question. When the new builds will appear will it be safe to download it without loosing my playlists? Also forgot to mention that my phone is meizu m3 note

Normally you should be able to install new version updates over old ones transparently, but occasionally I've found that installing the alpha works better as a clean install rather than an update. And rolling back is definitely better as a clean install.

Before you re-create everything, build 704 could only have come from the .apk file (the latest version on Google, if you select the allow-test-versions option, is 703). As there is nothing to lose at this point if your playlists have already gone, it might be a good idea to fully uninstall the app again and then cleanly install the 704 apk file, just so you know you've got the latest version as a clean installation.

Andre

Same way you joined, can be found via https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer.

But I would suggest if you are going to run the trial version anyway, leave the testing option on for now so you get any updates via Google. I would still suggest clean installing build 704 from the .apk file though - even though your phone is only based on a modified version of Lollipop, so 703 should do you just as well (704 only contains some Nougat-related changes).

Andre

So I have a last question and I'm closing this topic. On the 704 build my music sounds exactly like basic player. I remember that on v2 version I could hear a big differences between this 2 players.  The sound was more solid or at least louder. I never changed any presets in equalizer in Poweramp v2. Also I think that basic preset in v2 version are different from v3 version. Can I get a screenshot of standart v2 preset, because I don't really know how equalizer works, it's hard for me. 

The default setting is everything flat, but there are presets you can apply (which can be global or assigned to particular albums etc). Tap the Equaliser icon and have a play. There are a lot of lower level output options to play with which you might like to try too, in Poweramp Settings > Audio. Some people prefer to turn DVC mode off (Direct Volume Control), but usually that's for volume or compatibility reasons rather than audio quality.

Andre

Archived