Steps to get to 'Settings' to disable DVC

beek

I've got Poweramp trial currently installed in my car's android 4.4 head unit and it sounds great.

The actual problem I'm trying to solve is to have the ability to fade to the rear speakers.  After reading the fourms I believe if I can disable DVC "Direct volume control" my head unit's speaker balance and fade control will take over and I can achieve what I want to do. ( fade slightly to the rear )

The problem I'm having is I'm unable to locate

Poweramp SETTINGS -> AUDIO ENGINE -> ADVANCED TWEAKS -> DISABLE DVC

I can't locate where the "Poweramp Settings" page is.

I can see that the DVC is on from an indicator on the equalizer panel.

dvc_on.jpg

--edit--
This is the related forum thread
http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/10552-not-pausing-properly-when-making-calls-via-bt/

You Android device appears to be reporting that it has a hardware Menu key, which means that Poweramp does not display an the extra three-dots menu icon.

This can be changed in one of two ways. If you can get into Poweramp Settings from any screen at all (or sometimes long-pressing on a 'Back' button will provide a menu feature too) then go to Settings > Look and Feel > Menus and enable the option to force the three-dots icon to always be shown. Otherwise, you could try installing the new alpha test build of Poweramp v3 (either enable the test-versions option in Google Play, or download the .apk from the tab at the top of this page) as that does not not hide the three-dots icon when a physical menu button is reported to be available.

Andre

Thanks @andrewilley upgrading to the alpha 703 version fixed the "Can't get to SETTINGS" problem for me.

Disabling DVC did not enable me to use the cars built in fader to move the sound more to the rear, but that is a different issue, so will read the forums to try to solve that.

Thank you.

Try the different output options in 703 (actually 704 is the most recent, but only makes a difference for compatibility with Android 7+). You may find that using a different method will help? But it does sound like it's something specific in the device's original audio path which allows the fader to work.

Andre

Archived