• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Zendrosky

DLNA/UPnP Support in V3?

5 posts in this topic

Hello Poweramd Development,

Are there any plans to support DLNA/UPnP in Poweramp v3?  

I do appreciate the sound quality of Poweramp v2 when playing high quality FLAC music files.  The issue is that I have a large collection of music both FLAC (10k+ albums) as well as MP3 (35k+ albums) being served on my home network.  It is far more convenient to simply access this material directly from the server than transfer it to my phone.  When I want to listen to material that is not loaded on my phone I find myself using apps like MediaMonkey which does not have the same quality of sound reproduction as Poweramp does.  Being able to access DLNA served media from my local network would be a big plus.

Looking forward to what v3 will bring us.  Thank you and keep up the great work. 

I hope 2018 is your best year yet.... 

Not in the initial release, but things like Chromecast and DLNA output are on the roadmap once the main v3 release has occurred. Streaming from music stored on the cloud or other network sources might be a bit further away though as that diversifies significantly from Poweramp's local library-based design philosophy.

Andre

4 hours ago, Vincent Zhang said:

When can we use the new version?It's long time not updated.

There is currently no ETA for the next beta-test release (which will have a completely new user interface, built from the ground up) but according to the dev it is fairly close to completion. The current latest alpha release is build 704.

Andre