• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
rg94130

hi res output oreo

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

i've upgraded my galaxy S8+ to Oreo beta yesterday and no more hi res output option on PA V3 a704.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall but still no option.

should we wait for final V3 to get it back ?

Thanks.

Most likely, yes. You might be able to get something back by editing the /etc/audio_policy.conf file, but lots of newer devices and OS versions should be properly supported in the next (beta) release.

Andre

Oreo supports Native High res audio. I found on my Pixel XL, u dont need high res output option in Poweramp (the High-Res option was gone after i went from 7.1.2 to 8.0)  

Just use the Default Android Audio API sound output option (not Open SL) .  And enable "Float32".

Setting that mode is the only thing that allowed the phones built in DAC to output correctly as well as my USB DAC.

Huge sound quality difference after setting change.

@speedingcheetah

Default Android Audio API sound output option works for Aux Headset also? Or only for usb headset?

On my mi A1(with Oreo) I enabled Android Audio API for Wired Headset and USB DAC but when I play 24Bit song it's converting to 48K 16bit output.

can you share your settings config?

4 hours ago, pyaganti said:

On my mi A1(with Oreo) I enabled Android Audio API for Wired Headset and USB DAC but when I play 24Bit song it's converting to 48K 16bit output.

What have you configured in Settings > Audio > Output > High-Res Experimental for Wired Headset/AUX? That is the setting you need to enable for wired headset use.

Andre