hi res output oreo

rg94130

Oreo supports Native High res audio. I found on my Pixel XL, u dont need high res output option in Poweramp (the High-Res option was gone after i went from 7.1.2 to 8.0)  

Just use the Default Android Audio API sound output option (not Open SL) .  And enable "Float32".

Setting that mode is the only thing that allowed the phones built in DAC to output correctly as well as my USB DAC.

Huge sound quality difference after setting change.

Edit: for OLD build 704.   Obsolete app version now. Use current build 709 to get all the fixes  and Open SL HD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pyaganti said:

On my mi A1(with Oreo) I enabled Android Audio API for Wired Headset and USB DAC but when I play 24Bit song it's converting to 48K 16bit output.

What have you configured in Settings > Audio > Output > High-Res Experimental for Wired Headset/AUX? That is the setting you need to enable for wired headset use.

Andre

• 3 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 1:45 PM, speedingcheetah said:

Oreo supports Native High res audio. I found on my Pixel XL, u dont need high res output option in Poweramp (the High-Res option was gone after i went from 7.1.2 to 8.0)  

Just use the Default Android Audio API sound output option (not Open SL) .  And enable "Float32".

Setting that mode is the only thing that allowed the phones built in DAC to output correctly as well as my USB DAC.

Huge sound quality difference after setting change.

What do you mean? I'm on Oreo 8.1.0 and have three output options in Poweramp (706):

1. OpenSL ES Output (16bit/48khz)

2. OpenSL ES HD Output (native 24bit/192khz)

3. Audiotrack Output (Java based)

Now, obviously the OpenSL HD output could be the Oreo one you mean, and 192khz sounds fine but I can't enable it somehow because I can choose only between Bluetooth or USB DAC. Is there something I can do? 

On 5/24/2018 at 4:31 PM, Njörðr said:

What do you mean? I'm on Oreo 8.1.0 and have three output options in Poweramp (706):

1. OpenSL ES Output (16bit/48khz)

2. OpenSL ES HD Output (native 24bit/192khz)

3. Audiotrack Output (Java based)

Now, obviously the OpenSL HD output could be the Oreo one you mean, and 192khz sounds fine but I can't enable it somehow because I can choose only between Bluetooth or USB DAC. Is there something I can do? 

Dude!!! LOOK AT THE DATE of the post. That was back last December for alpha build 704. which is 2 years old build. Obsolete now.

706 is an updated recent build where the dev added in the new OpenSL ES HD support and fixed other bugs users have been suffering with since Android 8.0 came out.

The settings I mentioned are still correct to get proper sound from that older build. (at least in my experience and testing.)

Edit: Also, current build is 709.  (not counting the new WIP beta of the new re-designed app)

Archived