Display Album Art on Individual Tracks

archaleas

Hey Guys, 

Did a forum search however no luck, 

I listen to alot of electronic music and therefore download alot of individual tracks, I am wanting to display the album art on each of these tracks as I scroll through my dump folders. I use 'folder' view and sort via 'Hierarchy' if this is important.

Is there a feature for this?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean by "dump folders", but if you mean you want Poweramp to display an image for each folder when there are no embedded images in the files, then yes you can use a folder.jpg or cover.jpg image file. See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected for more info on how this works (some options can be overridden in Settings > Album Art)

Andre

Thanks for your reply, 

However what I mean is each individual track to display album art when scrolling through the folders. MY folders are full of individual tracks, not belonging to one specific album. I.e like good music does with its playlists, displays a small thumbnail next to the song name

Again, see the link above for how it should work for folders. There is no artwork shown at the lowest level for individual songs within any of the library list views though, is that what you are asking? (If so I'll move this to Feature Requests). It could well be included in the new user interface, but Max hasn't let me have a copy for testing yet.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I also had the intention of associating an image for each song in batch, as I have folders with songs from several different albums. I thought something like songname01.m3 (or other music extension) would be interesting to associate with the equivalent in image format like songname01.jpg.
very cool that have already thought of including this feature in the application, I was looking for something similar and found this topic.

Artwork for individual songs in lists has been supported for some time now (there are in fact now ten view types - ranging from small two-column text-only up to huge artwork). You can assign artwork in the app (which if the Artist/AlbumArtist and AlbumTitle tags match will be assigned to all tracks in that album) or for better control per track I would suggest doing it in a tag editor so it's permanently embedded into the audio files.

Andre

Archived