• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
Gemmyl

Distorting highs and lows even at lower volumes

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

Before I upgraded to Android 8.0, Poweramp plays great. After the upgrade, even at lower volumes, the output audio on my beats is distorted. Mids are okay, only the highs and lows are distorted Adjusted its equalizer, but still the same.

Phone is Asus Zenfone 4 (ZE554KL).

Hope we could fix this issue. Thanks

Is your Android 8 final release or a beta? The 704 build of PA had a few minor optimisations for Nougat which was just starting to appear at the time. You could also try turning DVC off.

Andre

It was then a beta Oreo but waited and now in final version, the same problem.

Upon trying to turn the DVC off, problem's gone. Thank you!

Screenshot_20180107-211135.jpg

Hello,

a have the same issue. With the DVC turned off, the sound is better, but not perfect. Audio is overboosting at high volume. To make audio output  much better , you have to set preamplifier to min value( -16dB) also. Try it.

Asus 4 Z01KD (WW_15.0405.1712.83)

Poweramp 2.0.10.build 588

Xiaomi Hybrid Pro earpones

:-)

10 minutes ago, brxbrx said:

Poweramp 2.0.10.build 588

Have you tried the v3 alpha-test release (build 704) as that uses a new audio engine? This area is for reporting v3 issues, so otherwise I can move the comment over to the v2 section.

Andre

Yes, I tried version 3 yesterday and there no positive influence to solve this issue . Then a return back to the stable version 2 .

A think, this trouble is not caused  by Poweramp  3  , but root cause is ASUS firmware.