Google Pixel 2 XL and External MicroSD

Abe Bos

@clever_man, Yes, other programs seem to work fine. I can play videos in the video player, play music using google music, es-media-player etc. I can copy/move files between the internal and external storage. Only Poweramp is not able to play music. Thanks for your quick response.

External devices have always been a bit hit-or-miss as far as Poweramp detecting them goes. PA was originally designed before adding OTG storage was really a thing, and it very much depends on how the device lists the external storage within the file system. Max does add new methods when they turn up, but it can take quite a while before the app gets updated.

Also, remember that any planned storage media must remain connected permanently to your device, if you take it out at any point PA might rescan and find nothing at all there and thus wipe the locally stored library (including playlists, etc) until the storage is found again and rescanned as fresh files.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

This is one reason I will never buy a phone without built in micro sd card slot. It has to be permanently in, and you cannot do that if you want to charge the phone, unless charge with wireless dock. The whole no micro sd card slot, is just plain stupid.

Agreed 100%.

Andre

Archived