Songs repeating

I have been finding that songs have been repeating. Sometimes it will be a studio song and then all of a sudden a different version of the same song from a different album will play next (i.e.i a live version)....this sometimes occurs multiple times, quite often it will be the exact same song....I am just wondering if it might be something to do with the phone being stuck in my pocket.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 special edition with the Nitrogen OS installed...

cheers

col

Well that's the point of shuffle, and by the nature of randomness you could get any song next - from the same album, different album, etc. You could even get a different version of the song you just heard. You should not hear the exact same file again during the current session though.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Well that's the point of shuffle, and by the nature of randomness you could get any song next - from the same album, different album, etc. You could even get a different version of the song you just heard. You should not hear the exact same file again during the current session though.

Andre

I realise that but when you 88gb of music, and that is around 1233 albums of 10600 songs, I wouldn't expect to get songs repeated....I am not a maths person but the odds of getting the same song twice or a different version would be interesting...

cheers

col

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That's the joy of randomness. :) I would be concerned the the same FILE played twice in quick succession though, that is meant to be blocked.

Andre

But that is the thing,...sometimes the same song does play twice...and even when I double press the button on the headphone cable (to skip the current song), and even then I have pressed multiple times and the same song has come on quite a few times...

Just to note that this has only started happening recently as I have been using Poweramp for a few years and on a few different phones...

cheers

col

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Does the position within the playback sequence get reset at all? (going back to track "1/1234" for example)

Andre

No...after repeating a song once or a few times, it goes back to normal, it will then play several songs fine and then all of a sudden repeat one or two....

cheers

col

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, brokey said:

I have been finding that songs have been repeating. Sometimes it will be a studio song and then all of a sudden a different version of the same song from a different album will play next (i.e.i a live version).... ...

Different songs so PA doesn't care/know that you've heard what is basically the same one.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, brokey said:

But that is the thing,...sometimes the same song does play twice...and even when I double press the button on the headphone cable (to skip the current song), and even then I have pressed multiple times and the same song has come on quite a few times...

I sometimes get a situation where I think I've gone to the next/previous song but all that's happened is that the same song has restarted. Maybe that's what you're seeing as the phone is in your pocket .....  ?

13 hours ago, dvhttn said:

I sometimes get a situation where I think I've gone to the next/previous song but all that's happened is that the same song has restarted. Maybe that's what you're seeing as the phone is in your pocket .....  ?

I don't think so....a song will complete and then I expect a totally different song to begin but sometimes it's the same one...don't know, maybe I will just have to wait for v3 to be released and see if the problem continues...

cheers

col

You should never hear the same song played twice in succession in Shuffle mode, unless that song exists as more than one file on your device.

To check this, next time it occurs press the Previous Track (<<) button and PA should go back one track in the shuffled sequence that it has been playing. Check the file info using Menu > Info/Tags. Then go forward again (the order should still be remembered) and do the same with the second track.

You can also always see the 'next up' song information at the bottom of the player screen, just underneath the playback position bar. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of this showing the same title for the current track and next track? (again, just go back one track next time the issue occurs).

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

To check this, next time it occurs press the Previous Track (<<) button and PA should go back one track in the shuffled sequence that it has been playing. Check the file info using Menu > Info/Tags. Then go forward again (the order should still be remembered) and do the same with the second track.

You can also always see the 'next up' song information at the bottom of the player screen, just underneath the playback position bar. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of this showing the same title for the current track and next track? (again, just go back one track next time the issue occurs).

I played several songs and moved back and forth and it remembered all them so no problem there..

Mine doesnt show the next song that will be played...is there an option to enable this in the menu somewhere?

cheers

col

2 hours ago, brokey said:

Mine doesnt show the next song that will be played...is there an option to enable this in the menu somewhere?

Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > Meta allows you to choose what information you would like displayed within that lower line.

Andre 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > Meta allows you to choose what information you would like displayed within that lower line.

Andre 

Ah hah!! Didn't know about that one...have enabled it so now will keep an eye on it when I can...

cheers

col

Archived